Very quickly L'Oreal geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dondon90

Reaction score
Does majirel cool cover lift?? Just applied half a head of foils and I looked at the first packets I placed and it looks really dark!! 😭

What were you trying to lift? What was the hair base colour before?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Natural base 4 to 6

Used 30vol (9%) and 6 in cool cover

It's still processing :/

Natural base 4 to 6
Used 30vol (9%) and 6 in cool cover

I have used the cool cover a few times, so im not overly experienced. But as far as im aware its for cancelling out more natural warmth than what your ordinary Majirel would cover.

Is her hair virgin? Or coloured somewhere between a 4, 5, or 6? Your client cant have 3 natural bases?

If its coloured, tint wont lift tint! Youll need a bleach or colour remover to remove it, depending on what your desired outcome is?

As in;
Natural base: 4
Target shade: 6

If it was all natural base 4? Id have used Majirel 6 and 20vol, two levels of lift.

All the ash in cool cover will make the hair darker.

If it was all natural base 4? Id have used Majirel 6 and 20vol, two levels of lift.

All the ash in cool cover will make the hair darker.

20 Vol is 6%? Thats only one Level of lift? - 30 Vol is 9% which is 2 levels of lift.

20 Vol is 6%? Thats only one Level of lift? - 30 Vol is 9% which is 2 levels of lift.

I was always taught 20vol was 1-2 levels of lift. 30vol 2-3 levels and then 40 vol gave you up to four?

Can't use 40vol with majirel.
She's being shampooed now 🙈 dreading it!

I was always taught 20vol was 1-2 levels of lift. 30vol 2-3 levels and then 40 vol gave you up to four?

Well from what i know, 20 vol is coverage & 1 level lift, 30 vol is 2 & 40 is 3-4. But it all depends on the colour you use, and the base shade of the hair

I know, i never suggested using 40vol with Majirel. Just stated how i knew peroxides worked. Let us know how it turns out.

How was your timing? The ones you did first havent been on for too long and overdeveloped?

OMG guys!!!!!

if you don't know the answer don't throw in in your 2pence worth- as said before this is not a college break time its a place people want to get professional information!!

In answer to Don, cool cover can be used for lifting.

Loreal is 20vol upto 2 levels lift and 30vol is 3 levels with Majirel.

For the cool cover they can appear darker as cooler colours appear darker so you might want to opt for a level lighter (as recommended by loreal)

are you covering white hair and lifting?

OMG guys!!!!!

if you don't know the answer don't throw in in your 2pence worth- as said before this is not a college break time its a place people want to get professional information!!

In answer to Don, cool cover can be used for lifting.

Loreal is 20vol upto 2 levels lift and 30vol is 3 levels with Majirel.

For the cool cover they can appear darker as cooler colours appear darker so you might want to opt for a level lighter (as recommended by loreal)

are you covering white hair and lifting?

Who are you having a go at? Seems you cant do right for doing wrong on here anymore.

Who are you having a go at? Seems you cant do right for doing wrong on here anymore.

You gave the right info to him, but both having a pointless arguement where you are both wrong about peroxide strengths.

aimeelouise93 was correct with her lift v strength of peroxide for L'Oreal and saying cool hair looks darker.

Not sure why you needed to repeat it really?

Or is it not correct until CG has confirmed it is so? :wink2:

You gave the right info to him, but both having a pointless arguement where you are both wrong about peroxide strengths.

I am not wrong, i was going by Wella.

aimeelouise93 was correct with her lift v strength of peroxide for L'Oreal and saying cool hair looks darker.

Not sure why you needed to repeat it really?

Or is it not correct until CG has confirmed it is so? :wink2:

I agreed she was right but then the arguement about peroxides both were incorrect. The random posts are confusing.

The post was about Loreal, not wella.

Latest posts

Back