Vinylux and glitter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paula's beauty

Reaction score
Is it possible to do a glitter fade with vinlylux before putting on top coat? What about foil too?

Foil I know you can do, you just use some foil adhesive, glitter I find tougher as its hard to get it on as its drying (but not too wet) but it is possible :)

I did, I dipped n brushed.... Quickly :)

I use the same glitter and foil that I'd use with CND Shellac with Vinylux and it looks great!

For Glitter:
- P.E.P
- First colour layer to all ten nails.
- Second colour layer to first 5 nails, give it a minute, apply glitter with a dry gel brush.
- Repeat on the next 5 nails.
- Vinylux Weekly Top Coat x2

For Foil:
- P.E.P
- Second colour layer to all ten nails, give it 5 minutes, apply foil (with firmer presses than you would think!)
- Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

I use the same glitter and foil that I'd use with CND Shellac with Vinylux and it looks great!

For Glitter:
- P.E.P
- Second colour layer to first 5 nails, give it a minute, apply glitter with a dry gel brush.
- Repeat on the next 5 nails.
- Vinylux Weekly Top Coat x2

For Foil:
- P.E.P
- Second colour layer to all ten nails, give it 5 minutes, apply foil (with firmer presses than you would think!)
- Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

So pleased you just posted a little tutorial on foil with Vinylux as I was having problems with this last night doing my own.

Thanks, Fee :D xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone got any pics of the foil finish I can see please? xx

So pleased you just posted a little tutorial on foil with Vinylux as I was having problems with this last night doing my own.

Thanks, Fee :D xx

Do you mean Glitter polish or is this some sort of dry glitter?

You're welcome! let us know how it goes. :)

I can put some up later today.. Glitter too.

Fine, dry nail art glitter.

Will do :) xx

ive just done rockstar toes in vinylux to match shellac fingers!! yes it dried quickly but as fee said i painted all ten nails once then second time did 5 at a time and surprisingly you can really scrub the glitter in!!

943448_426339457474359_1882618755_n.jpg

The first pic is Vinylux with foils, I applied in the same way as Weefee but added a coat of foil adhesive.

The second is rockstar with Vinylux also done in the same way.

Attachments

• Vinylux Guilded pleasure & foils .jpg
    Vinylux Guilded pleasure & foils .jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 888
  • Vinylux Rockstar pink bikini.jpg
    Vinylux Rockstar pink bikini.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 573
The first pic is Vinylux with foils, I applied in the same way as Weefee but added a coat of foil adhesive.

The second is rockstar with Vinylux also done in the same way.

Beautiful x

Anyone got any pics of the foil finish I can see please? xx

I have two foil pics in my Vinylux album. :)

Is it possible to use additives with Vinylux?

Yes, just as you would with glitter. :)

Are we talking the pigment powder additives with Vinylux? I tried doing an ombre with the powders and it was patchy & messy looking....any tips? :)

I was talking about the pigment powder additives..

At the CND Playstation, we were told to pat it on after about 6-7 minutes of applying Vinylux. I haven't tried it yet, though. Too busy with Vinylux and foils. :)

Latest posts

Back