Vinylux - best way to mend a nail without Brisa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful You

Reaction score
Hi

I have got a lady in a couple of weeks for a vinylux mani who suffers from horizontal splits in her nail. However unfortunately she had a bad experience with shellac (wrong technique and severe buffing) and despite me explaining things to her won't go near any gel/shellac. So usually I would reach for brisa lite but can't. I wondered about fiber glass but think it would look too thick and have never used it. Any ideas? I could use adhesive carefully. Also looked at jessica fiber paper but they seem to be discontinuing it.

HELP :cry: I want to look professional but never get many gel phobics or bad nail splits.

Hi

I have got a lady in a couple of weeks for a vinylux mani who suffers from horizontal splits in her nail. However unfortunately she had a bad experience with shellac (wrong technique and severe buffing) and despite me explaining things to her won't go near any gel/shellac. So usually I would reach for brisa lite but can't. I wondered about fiber glass but think it would look too thick and have never used it. Any ideas? I could use adhesive carefully. Also looked at jessica fiber paper but they seem to be discontinuing it.

HELP :cry: I want to look professional but never get many gel phobics or bad nail splits.

She didn't have a bad experience with Shellac, she had a bad nail technician. I suggest you gain her trust and do what is necessary in a professional way. If she has trusted you enough to make an appointment with you then you should be more persuasive with her.

Using CND products there will be no natural nail buffing.

Use fibreglass and you will have to buff the natural nail which is obviously what she doesn't want.

I would explain that buffing and a bad nail technician spoiled her nails not the product and that you use products that don't require buffing. If she doesn't see the logic behind that and doesn't trust you as the professional, then she is frankly just being obstinate or stupid. I would tell her that she will love VINYLUX and that you have the solutions to her problem, but that without them she will have to continue to put up with her splitting nails and may not get as good wear out of her manicure as she could do with a little extra help from Brisa Lite.

PS. By the way, doing what I have suggested will make you look professional.

Last edited:
I was waiting for your response Gigi ;) x

Last edited:
Hi

When clients had a bad nailtech before, they can become "allergic" to the word 'acrylic' or 'gel", depending on what the bad nailtech was using :)
You're lucky, forget about 'gel', just say you have the perfect solution, she came to the right place, to experience the comfort of a Brisa Lite Manicure :D

Thanks ladies and Gigi - yes sorry I forgot to emphasise it was the nail tech not the shellac. I never like doing another tech down but I did simply go through several times with the client that 'no buffing' is one of shellac's big plus points and it is frustrating as a certified tech to see it done. I also explained that shellac is very natural nail friendly but without solar oil, aftercare and proper application you will not get the results you should. I get lots of people who have never had proper prep, I try not to judge techs with the clients but educate them on what I am doing and why.

She bought some solar oil and some vinylux, so she is well on the way to sorting her nails. I may try to pursuade her on the brisa lite and if not tell her the nail may split again. I think fiber glass would be worse for her after experiencing having her nails buffed too much. Thank heavens for vinylux! It is perfect for gel polish phobics. She is definietly trusting me so she may try shellac again one day xxx

Thanks ladies and Gigi - yes sorry I forgot to emphasise it was the nail tech not the shellac. I never like doing another tech down but I did simply go through several times with the client that 'no buffing' is one of shellac's big plus points and it is frustrating as a certified tech to see it done. I also explained that shellac is very natural nail friendly but without solar oil, aftercare and proper application you will not get the results you should. I get lots of people who have never had proper prep, I try not to judge techs with the clients but educate them on what I am doing and why.

She bought some solar oil and some vinylux, so she is well on the way to sorting her nails. I may try to pursuade her on the brisa lite and if not tell her the nail may split again. I think fiber glass would be worse for her after experiencing having her nails buffed too much. Thank heavens for vinylux! It is perfect for gel polish phobics. She is definietly trusting me so she may try shellac again one day xxx
I'm sure your professionalism will eventually win her over. You are a great role model for others.

I hope you have success in talking her round to brisa lite so she can see how amazing the product is when done properly, remember also for those breaks/splits you can use fiberglass for a little extra strength on the repair with brisa lite smoothing without any buffing, just do your pep as usual, lay down the fiberglass, paint on your brisa lite base and continue as usual.

It works wonders, I have two really bad breaks going from the side to the center of my nails and its held them for over 2 weeks now and still going strong.

Beautiful you.......maybe an idea could be to do a pedicure on this client to show her the method of application, and maybe that would help her become more confident in your expertise and the correct application process. By building confidence, you could then easily talk her round to Brisa lite manicure!

Another option could be testimonials from other clients of yours xx

Good luck xxx

I hope you have success in talking her round to brisa lite so she can see how amazing the product is when done properly, remember also for those breaks/splits you can use fiberglass for a little extra strength on the repair with brisa lite smoothing without any buffing, just do your pep as usual, lay down the fiberglass, paint on your brisa lite base and continue as usual.

It works wonders, I have two really bad breaks going from the side to the center of my nails and its held them for over 2 weeks now and still going strong.

Same here and it's holding strong :)

Latest posts

Back