Vinylux on Amazon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IzzyBpink

Reaction score
It didn't take long did it. How is this happening? I presume it is the real stuff because it has only just been launched. It is more expensive than we are selling it but I still hate to see it available to the general public :sad:

There is nothing anyone really can do about this as it is probably diverted stock, imported without proper taxes etc.

Best to notify your supplier, but concentrate on educating your clients to buy officially.

It didn't take long did it. How is this happening? I presume it is the real stuff because it has only just been launched. It is more expensive than we are selling it but I still hate to see it available to the general public :sad:

Don't worry m'love - it's a polish; it's there to be retailed to the client. It's different when it's a pro-only product, such as shellac or liquid and powder, etc but there's nothing wrong with selling a polish.

And the fact that it's quite a bit more expensive that what we're selling can only be positive for you. It'll be driving sales... right to your salon ;)

This does annoy me, but at least it is a retail product. Remember that you aren't actually buying from Amazon anymore than someone would buy from eBay. You are buying from a market seller, frequently from sources who evade taxes by misdelaring goods and not investing anything into education, marketing or consumer awareness. Doesn't mean these guys are, just a "safe" generalisation.

yes, but if these people are buying up the stock and selling it on at vastly inflated prices on places like Amazon and no doubt Ebay (though I haven't checked there yet), people like me can't get the stock. I sold my last bottle of Strawberry Smoothie last night (along with 4 other bottles). When I went to replace it this morning, it is out of stock. Also I am telling my customers that they can only buy it from me, or Salons - it doesn't look good when they tell me they can get it from Amazon (with free delivery!)

Educating clients is the key, as that creates a ripple effect and they in turn educate their friends etc. I have friends of clients now buying VINYLUX from me as my clients are sharing their knowledge with others. It also makes for great free advertising for me! Remember, they won't be getting the application advise buying from amazon, nor any trouble shooting advise. I show all my VINYLUX retail clients how to apply effectively and advise appropriate cleansing of the nail and SolarOil aftercare. There will always be people trying to cash in on a good thing, we just need to do our best so that our knowledge and information gets shared with others and people understand you can't beat the service you get from an authorised retailer. I've been on a night out and ended up chatting to a group of ladies who had had unimpressive "Shellac" treatments, who were from outside my area, and was telling them about loveCND.com so they could find genuine Shellac techs. I might not gain their custom personally, but someone who buys genuine products from S2 will and the good name of CND is preserved xxx

Thanks ladies - will get off my soapbox now ;-) I always give my clients a printed "how to" leaflet when selling Vinylux to them, advising the proper prep, application and aftercare. If they are buying it blind - without all the advice, it is going to give Vinylux a bad name. But then I get that with Shellac clients - the number of people who have told me Shellac has ruined their nails, then when you dig further you find they have either had it at a dodgy salon where it hasn't been applied properly, or isn't the real deal, or they have had a go themselves with something they have bought off the internet. I was at a bbq the other weekend and a lady there was admiring my nails, and said Shellac had ruined her nails. When I asked why it turned out she had had it applied, then not bothered going back to get it removed properly, so had picked the whole lot off!:cry:

*banging head against wall*! I've heard that time and time again infuriatingly. Thankfully, I have so many regular clients with Shellac that go out and rave to their friends about how great their nails are now they have Shellac mani's, that we might be able to slowly diminish the number of "Shellac ruined my nails" people!!

Surely amazon sellers are selling it more expensive or the same!? If so why would you wait for it to be shipped when you can go to the local salon and get some! I know where i would go. I do agree with the stock issue though, although because it is a retail item its not like they are selling shellac. My boss went to order lobster roll in shellac and vinylux last week and cnd and s2 had sold out!!

Latest posts

Back