Vinylux problems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucybeauty01

Reaction score
Hello,

I was using Hot pop pink vinylux polish on my self not long ago and then on my client last night and i dont know what is wrong with it...

I do the first coat....then the second coat that goes on leaves patchy transparent parts which i struggle to fill in with colour!? - when i then top coat it just pulls the colour!!

Does anyone know why this is happening - any tips on using vinylux??

thanks!

Did you thoroughly shake the bottles?

Laura xx

Did you thoroughly shake the bottles?

Laura xx

Hi, I did shake the bottle but not majorly? do they need to be shaken before use the whole time????

It's not anything to do with shaking ... It's to do with pressing and "faffing about" too hard and too much with your brush when painting and because VINYLUX is drying so fast, you are pulling the colour off with your brush.

HINT ... Your brush should never bend when you are painting that 2nd coat. Keep the hairs of the brush parallel to the nail plate, use a light touch and sure quick strokes and your polish will look as perfect as all the beautiful images you see of VINYLUX.

There is even skill and correct technique when you polish. Pity they don't teach you at college when one does a manicure class.

Last edited:
I've found with Hot Pop Pink it's nicer with 3 thin coats x

Exactly what geeg says. I used to struggle with bicycle yellow. I just needed a little more product and to float the brush.

I just wipe one side of my brush and that seems to be perfect amount of polish. Maybe a little less for pinkies :)

Hi this might sound like a dumb question but do you use a base coat with vinylux? X

It's not anything to do with shaking ... It's to do with pressing too hard with your brush when painting and because VINYLUX is drying so fast, you are pulling the colour off with your brush.

HINT ... Your brush should never bend when you are painting that 2nd coat. Keep the hairs of the brush parallel to the nail plate, use a light touch and your polish will look as perfect as all the beautiful images you see of VINYLUX.

There is even skill and correct technique when you polish. Pity they don't teach you at college when one does a manicure class.

Sooooooo frustrating!!! Why do they not teach these techniques at college? It is the same with acrylic, they teach basics and chemistry but never any abilities, methods etc. I come across lots of people struggling with different things that an experienced technician realises straight away! You only seem to get this information from sites like these, trade show demos and good distribution teaching centers.

It is these vital tips and expertise that will make the difference for a new technician starting out.

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Cheryl Sait-Parkinson

When you attend beginners training .. And remember, colleges only teach to a minimum standard .... You are never going to be taught everything ... Simply not time. This is why you have to keep learning and keep attending more advanced classes. It never stops.

These are some of the reasons we say .. No one is fully qualified after a beginners course. There are thousands of things you will not know after beginners training that you will only learn with on going training. It's a process ... A long one. :hug:

When you attend beginners training .. And remember, colleges only teach to a minimum standard .... You are never going to be taught everything ... Simply not time. This is why you have to keep learning and keep attending more advanced classes. It never stops.

These are some of the reasons we say .. No one is fully qualified after a beginners course. There are thousands of things you will not know after beginners training that you will only learn with on going training. It's a process ... A long one. :hug:

Your right Gigi!!!! Moan over - after more than 10 years into my career, the first few years seem a long way away! At least we have the ability to help on here x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Cheryl Sait-Parkinson

It may not be the most informative reply but I find if I try too hard with Vinylux I have problems. I lob on (professional term) two thickish coats and a thickish one of top coat and it dries quickly and lasts really well. Some colours I do a third coat but if you faff too much you've had it!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have found that if I faff too much with anything I have had it! Positive actions and mindset work for me but as soon as I doubt it question it all goes to pot

No, you don't need base coat x

Thank you. I didn't think you did but have looked through fleabay as a boredom buster and saw someone advertising a set with base coat so thought I'd ask. I'm registered worth sweet squared so I'll order my kit from there :)

Latest posts

Back