Vinylux Top Coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lelu

Reaction score
I haven't used my Vinylux that much so still on original top coat. It's gone a bit gloopy and is now harder to apply. Have I done something wrong?

My very first application of brand new Vinylux top coat was thick..I presume it is meant to be thicker? I think you're really supposed to float it on. I go down the center, swipe down the side and then the other quite quickly and haven't had an issue. But I do agree that it is thick!

My very first application of brand new Vinylux top coat was thick..I presume it is meant to be thicker? I think you're really supposed to float it on. I go down the center, swipe down the side and then the other quite quickly and haven't had an issue. But I do agree that it is thick!

Shannon, how do you like VL?

I'm a gel girl... lol.

I think it will be great for regular mini manicures though. The salon owner told me that she has quite a few people coming in asking for regular polish mani's and she doesn't do them so I decided I would offer the mini manicures to get some new clients in and at that point talk to them about gel polish etc.. The application was nice, my girlfriend has had it on for 4 days now and no chips. She's loving it! No complaints here, other than that i'm just not that interested in polish myself.

I love my gel! But I think it could be a steady little money maker. It's nice to accommodate the polish wearer with a new breed of polish. You're right about getting more people in your chair to up sell.

I like Vinylux too. I love my gel polish but I can't wear it for more than 4 days as I always want a different color or design so Vinylux suits me well. It's easier and less time consuming than applying gel polish to myself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

What I'm getting at is its gloopier now than when I first used it. I know it has a thicker consistency than maybe a normal top coat but its got more difficult to apply over a few weeks.

I can't see it sating to the end of the bottle. But as its so cheap to buy not too worried. But if I retained it I would :o

Latest posts

Back