Virgin V / vie makeup review

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigkeane

Reaction score
Hey geeks

Wondering if you have any experience with virgin v products? Are you a consultant for them? Cheers geeks

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

Ive not work for them but as a professional therapist i wouldn't really want to use them in my salon, i see it abit like Avon and they also sell it in a discount make up shop were i live so i dont really see it as a professional brand Ive used some of the products but only cherry picking Ive never love a product soo much that i constantly have to have it, i think there are much better brands x

Have use some of their products, nail polish was ok. Didn't last long but average. Make up the same really. It's alright at a pinch, they had some nice colours and collections but I wouldn't use it professionally. Funnily enough their soap/shower/bath range is really nice!
Xx

am NOT a make-up professional but.....

I like urban decay for make-up and have quite a collection, my friends seem to be hooked on virgin vie and theirs 8 of them regularly have parties.

In that time I've bought a lovely eyeshadow palette, mascara, lip pencil and cheek blush. I think they are really nice and last for a long time. The palette needs replacing as its down to the packaging in some places.

Okay, here's my take on Virgin Vie (now Vie At Home).

I do like their One Step Face Base, but I am needing to steer away from using it now as at the grand young age of 47, it ages my face. It is also not long wearing.

They have had some pretty eyeshadow palettes but in all honesty, their shadows don't have enough pigment in them. They look strong in the palette but then look very pale on the skin and even building them up does not help much. I have also noticed quite alot of powdery fall out from their shadows during application. So not good.

Their mascaras dried up and became clumpy very quickly. As a nail tech, I considered using their polish range, but like milliondollars, found they did not really last well.

I do not personally feel that their skin care range has any prescriptive depth to cater for diferent skin problems. Their cleanse for sensitive skin has been known to have a burning sensation on some sensitive skins.

I found their jewellery to not last and break.

This my personal experience as a consultant for them about 5 years ago and whilst it does all sound negative, it was through my brief period working as a party consultant, that I decided to follow a career in beauty and makeup.

This my personal experience as a consultant for them about 5 years ago and whilst it does all sound negative, it was through my brief period working as a party consultant, that I decided to follow a career in beauty and makeup.

Mrs C that is funny, I was the same worked as a consultant last year for a few months loved it and moved onto doing makeup for brides then added other treatments including lashes and now I wax and do loads of other treatments I never thought I would do!

I don't really use much of their stuff now as I've invested money in MAC, Urban Decay and Lily Lolo but I do use their Dreamlash Mascara and one step face base

Sarah X

I like their one step face base but agree with Mrs Clooney that the eyeshadows are too light on application and drop powder, I had intended to use them for my brides but have reconsidered and am now looking at Artdeco x

Mrs C that is funny, I was the same worked as a consultant last year for a few months loved it and moved onto doing makeup for brides then added other treatments including lashes and now I wax and do loads of other treatments I never thought I would do!

I don't really use much of their stuff now as I've invested money in MAC, Urban Decay and Lily Lolo but I do use their Dreamlash Mascara and one step face base

Sarah X

What Lilly lolo products do you use Sarah? You recommend them?

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

What Lilly lolo products do you use Sarah? You recommend them?

Craig Keane
Welcome to HCulture

Hi Craig

I really like the eyeshadows, they're are lots of colours
You can put them on light or you can really build the colours up to be stronger
I love the flawless finishing powder and the foundations are good, although not suited to everyone, I also use MAC Face & Body foundation for ladies who need more coverage
The price is excellent too!
hth
Sarah x

I also like lily lolo the mineral foundation is fab, especially for sensitive skins x

Hi Craig

I started as a consultant in sept 2006 I loved the products and found it easy money, within 11 months I became a manager, I loved this until the pressure to pressurise my team became too much, eg make them sell or lose my manager status!! I did not get in to it to become that sort of person so I decided that I would make the decision to go back to being a consultant and never do a party again, 2 years on I have an nvq and diploma in cosmetic makeup, I am still a consultant selling £200 average a month without doing a single party, I use all their products which I love and know inside out and I have a very successful bridal makeup business too.
The face base and tinted moisturiser have to be my personal favourites along with dream lashes mascara.
One of my favourite things about
Vie is that you can buy something and if you dont like it send it back within 30 days and get a refund! Eg choose a lipstick find it looks awlful on send it back even though it has been used and get your refund. I am yet to be aware of another cosmetic company that offers this.
Claire xx

Latest posts

Back