virgin vie......feedback please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whaddya think of Virgin Vie

• Brill....its as good as the expensive brands

Votes: 43 25.6%
  • eeeekkkk no its pants what was branson thinking of

Votes: 14 8.3%
  • Glorified Avon

Votes: 113 67.3%

• Total voters
why don't you try nature's way they are reassonably prices and you can also retail these to your clients their are 3 different packages at different prices ranging from £110- £400.
i use these products and i find they are great and my clients love them most of them have essential oils in themnot only are they good for your skin they smell yummy as well.
here is the link for the site where you can order and ask for a catalogue www.belitas.co.uk

these are the best yet but don't come close to nimue
hope this helps

jenny

Hi Minkus, I remember you asking this question before and I remember many of the same above answers been given by the same people. At that stage I was enquiring about Virgin as well and I have to say that I think their products are lovely. I have started using the skin care range as well as my 12 yr old daughter. Both our skins have improved enormously in fact just the other day my daughter spontaneously said," Wow mum, your skin looks great". Hers is lovely too, with less spots and less blackheads. Their make-up is loveley and goes the distance. Their eye shadows stays on and the eye liners don't weep. Their 'One Step Face Base' gives gorgeous longlasting coverage.
I agree with Katelisa...... fab products at far reasonable prices that other high quality brands.
Sorry, but I am going to have to disagree with the above. I think they are a worthwhile brand of skincare and cosmetics and money well spent! Ml for ml Virgin Vie costs less that Boots no.7 but with a quality alongside Clarins, clinique etc.

Mrs.Clooney said:
Hi Minkus, I remember you asking this question before and I remember many of the same above answers been given by the same people.

Hi,

Amber didn't ask the question again, it's an old thread that has been resurrected again !!

River

Mrs.Clooney said:
Their 'One Step Face Base' gives gorgeous longlasting coverage.

i love this too - i used it on my gran (whose 84) she was well chuffed - thought she looked 20 years younger! great coverage for an uneven skintone - covers my freckles great!!! xx

River said:
Hi,

Amber didn't ask the question again, it's an old thread that has been resurrected again !!

River
LOL, sorry didn't realize. However I was enquiring at the time about VV and have to say that despite it being described as glorified Avon I'm really impressed with their products.

EllaX said:
i love this too - i used it on my gran (whose 84) she was well chuffed - thought she looked 20 years younger! great coverage for an uneven skintone - covers my freckles great!!! xx

It does, I absolutely love it. We cant get it here so I ask my friend to send me refills!

I am a big fan of Virgin Vie, I quite liked the skin care range myself although I dont buy it now as its too expensive to have it sent over. I couldn't vote as none of the questions were relevant for me, I dont think its glorified Avon but I wouldn't compare it to the very expensive stuff either. What ever it falls into though, I love it :)

Mrs.Clooney said:
Hi Minkus, I remember you asking this question before and I remember many of the same above answers been given by the same people. .

I didnt go for Virgin Vie in the end.......and yep this is near on a year old thread brought back up MRS CLOONEY

After lots of thought and research i kept coming back to thinking of it as a 'budget range' not a 'professional range' sorry Richard (Branson):green:

As its turned out i hardly do any facials what so ever IF I DID i would go for NIMUE without a shadow of a doubt - fantastic product - fantastic results.

Amb xxx

I used to work for Virgin Vie (now called Virgin Cosmetics) and i think their products are lovely!

Hi

I've tried so many different care products and make up ranges throughout the years from cheap shops own brands to clarins and to be honest i always go back to virgin vie, for make up and skin care. It suits my skin and i love the make up.

I don't think it's fair to s**g off any products as we all have different skin and different needs form make up and skin care and so what suits one person will not suit the next.

I think you should look at what you want to offer your clients, if they're coming to you for treatments but going home and using some completely different products then i don't beleive it really makes all that much difference what you use, so long as your happy with it and you have a decent range.

You'll never be able to please every one with choices of this nature so just go with your gut.

Can i just ask, those of you that said Virgin Vie is just glorified avon - have you ever triued VV stuff for any great length of time?? just interested.

Kx

before i worked for virgin vie i worked at the body shop and thought that it was a take off of the body shop....in my first few months i still had this in the back of my mind as it was 3 directors from the body shop who helped to set up virgin vie (as told to me in my virgin training), over time they began to create their own identity and now, in my opinion, they are very different from both the body shop and avon.

xx

I am just about to move to a new shop and will have a little more space to fill and like you hoping to do skin care. I did have VV in the salon when I first opened and it was ok my mate was doing it at the time ,what she was good at was make overs and make up and we did a little buisness. but it is highly purfumed and a little Avon you are right
I am thinking of trying Mary K . it is an american product and sold through skin care classes usually held in the home so we plan to hold small classes in the salon - and have a display from which clients can purchase goods once converted. I will get a bit of rent from the wonderful lady who wants run the classes and she will have the use of my full client list. and hopefully it will go well - I get skin care in the salon and at no cost to me if fact I will be keeping costs down. I use some Mary K products and love them and I have very sensitive skin and my mum who is a skin care addict and looks good for it really loves it
xx

In my humble opinion I wouldn't use anything on a client I wouldn't be happy to use myself, therefore I'd go with a premium skincare brand. I LOVE decleor, and after years of unhappy skin I'm glad to say I glow most days. I also like elemis, and am looking at a mid-priced range for when I start my own business from New Zeland called Living Nature but have yet to try samples.

I voted that I think VV is glorified Avon, and am sorry to say haven't been at all satisfied by their products and quite unsure as to their position in the market :confused: .

I think customers of beauticians deserve a great product, and are generally happy to pay a little extra for something which makes them feel and look wonderful. I came home from my local salon after my first Decleor facial with about £50 of product, but have continued to be V happy with the results :green:

Im a virgin vie rep and i love the products thats y i became a rep!!! i use the skincare on my self and i think it would be a good way to bring in extra cash for your salon. I jus love the make up. all the skincare is made in the same lasbotorys as all the big ones such as clarins clinique etc so for the price you pay your getin good quality products and you get more for the price you pay 2. xxxxxx

If you're thinking about a new range but need it to be affordable have you thought about Eve Taylor. For the full professional range you're looking at £350 approx, but you can start off by getting the retail range which is all the same products but in slightly smaller size and is £180, this is what I have done recently, they do a standard next Day delivery sevice on retail orders so I plan to display the Boxes use the products and place orders for clients to collect, not perfect but means a good quality product is more affordable and I can still retail it BABSann is a bit of an expert on Eve Taylor if you want to know more, hth xxx

i don't think of virgin vie as a salon brand myself! as other people have said, it's too expensive for what the product actually is, IMO

i would go for a salon ONLY brand, in that it is exclusive to professional beauty therapists only.

i qiute like avon products and i use them on a regular basis.the most recent thing i bought from there was a mirror shine spray for your hair and i found it worked great even on blonde hair.it did exactly what it said.i dont think my first choice would be v.vie but i went to one of there partys and got a peel of face mask and i think it was the best one ive tried and ive got dry skin.i think it would be a good idea for you to maybe have one of there parties so that you can try there products and decide for yourself and you will get you friends views to see what they think.hths

It is a very difficult, as to which brand to go with. You have to ask what your aims are for the brand within what you offer.

Ideally I feel you would want a brand which offers very good treatments for your clients coupled with good value for money on a cost per treatment basis. Whether this is a high tech solution to problems or a feel good treatment (it should be noted that skincare can only offer temporary solutions - otherwise it would cross over into medicine).

It is also important that there is something to say about the brand you are using. What is the brand's unique selling point? This can be something as simple as good skincare for different skin types to exotic ingredients. What ever it is, it needs to mean something to you or you will never convince your clients of the benefits.

You should also look at what price the products retail to the customer, are they applicable for your client base. Some of you might be thinking that you don't really want to retail on the products that much, but this is an additional unseen service you offer. You are after all the expert - that is why your client came to you in the first place. And do remember that the effects of the products used in the treatment are only temporary (I am sure we have all seen the disclaimer on products 'used regularly can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles'), so it is important for your client to use a skin care product that will continue the benefits of the treatment.

You also need to know what additional services the brand offers. Do you get brochures and are they nice. Is there other support material available? Also does the company charge for these? In this case free is not always better, an ugly brochure can put clients off. Does the brand actively promote you? Does it offer your staff or you incentives? Is the brand strong enough to draw clients in? Will the salon in the next street also have the same brand?

Also do you have to have training to use the products and if you do is there a charge for it and do you have to travel to get the training? This can be a hidden charge by take up your time when you and your staff could be seeing clients.

I guess then, when you have found brands which tick all your requirements, then you have to look into the start up costs and if any deals are available. When you are this far down the line you are likely to know which brand you would like. Don't be scared to ask for a custom package for yourself.

I would also like to say a big thank you to deb379 for recommending us.

Latest posts

Back