virgin vie......feedback please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whaddya think of Virgin Vie

• Brill....its as good as the expensive brands

Votes: 43 25.6%
  • eeeekkkk no its pants what was branson thinking of

Votes: 14 8.3%
  • Glorified Avon

Votes: 113 67.3%

• Total voters

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
can all you peeps out there help me on something.

I want to stock a facial range and make up range.....i WANT to stock NIMUE but dont have the cash spare at the moment.....

If i said VIRGIN VIE to you......what would you say?

I cant get my head around it i keep thinking 'glorified Avon'.....sorry to all who stock it....can give me your opinions fellow geeks.

thanks

ambx

I have tried Virgin Vie - nicely packaged, but too expensive for what you get, I agree I think it's fancy Avon! I don't think it really does much, at least not to my old skin anyway. Nimue really is the way to go, my skin feels loverly! (especially now that I've startedf using the stuff properly!)

However why not get in touch with Debs379. She got some stuff from the MoorSpa range to try (£75 for quite a lot of samples) - they had something featured in this month's Scratch under the beauty section too - and she how she's finding it.

MINKUS said:
can all you peeps out there help me on something.

I want to stock a facial range and make up range.....i WANT to stock NIMUE but dont have the cash spare at the moment.....

If i said VIRGIN VIE to you......what would you say?

I cant get my head around it i keep thinking 'glorified Avon'.....sorry to all who stock it....can give me your opinions fellow geeks.

thanks

ambx

i dont think there is anything wrong with Avon.

i am an Avon representative

You're right there is nothing wrong with Avon - I used to be a rep too - but IMO Virgin Vie doesn't warrant the price it is and should be nearer the price of Avon.

Hi Minkus,

I must agree with Sass on this one. Also anybody off the street can buy virgin vie stuff but if I were you I would rather go with Nimue, something unique and it works.

As for Avon and Virgin Vie, their skincare didn't do much form me as it contains Alchohol in it's cleansers which made my skin break out.

xxxx

Claire,

I don't think any offence was meant to Avon reps. I just think being an Avon rep is a bit different from being a beautician, offering a professional beauty service. Avon is fine for home use but not exactly salon standard.

You're being sensitive again :hug:

I have been to a few Virgin parties...and to be honest only brought stuff cos i felt obliged cos the party host was a friend and i wanted her party to do well. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy or use their stuff, its no different to stuff you buy at boots. Nimue is lovely and has made a difference to my skin, i like decleor too and elimis...but i guess to use and stock these brands would be expensive....i cant think of anymore that you could try...unless you hang on for the shows and have a look there. xxxx

Lose the "s" hun or you'll never get her !!

Deb379

kx

Sassy Hassy said:
I have tried Virgin Vie - nicely packaged, but too expensive for what you get, I agree I think it's fancy Avon! I don't think it really does much, at least not to my old skin anyway. Nimue really is the way to go, my skin feels loverly! (especially now that I've startedf using the stuff properly!)

However why not get in touch with Debs379. She got some stuff from the MoorSpa range to try (£75 for quite a lot of samples) - they had something featured in this month's Scratch under the beauty section too - and she how she's finding it.

thanks...............looks like saving up for nimue then.

I already use it myself and love it....

thanks for replies.

ambxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would hold off until you can afford the best. If you establish yourself selling 2nd-rate products, it would be hard to shake that off.

Thanks Karren! LMAO!

I think what you have to remember when you are looking for a skincare range is that people's skin vary so much. You could speak to loads on here that say they love Virgin Vie and others that don't. When I took on Nimue, they said that most salons take on two brands so that they can cater for everyone - ie Nimue, which is dermacosmeceutical and is not full of smells(not very well worded I'm afraid!), and then another brand such as Decleor which is aromatherapy based and not such an "active" brand.

It's all about investment at the end of the day Amber. I started off with a cheap brand from Sally's (not saying what in case I offend!!!) and had no faith in its results - it was more like a facial as a pamper rather than a treatment. With Nimue I know that my client will walk out of the salon with her skin feeling ace - and the Nimue Professional Products are different to the
home products, they have a stronger percentage of AHAs. You wouldn't get this with VV, the products you use would be the same as your client, so why would they have a facial. Plus my skin is positively glowing now (I am lucky that I was blessed with good skin) and it's a great advert to all your clients (like having lovely nails).

I'm not trying to slate VV, it has it's place in the market. But you wanted opinion and that's just mine, I think you need to find a product that is more exclusive to make people want, and need, to come to you.

Brilliantly said Sass, very wise!!!!

xxxx

Oooh i love my virgin stuff.

Its the best range ive ever used, really suits my skin and my clients love it.

Ive tried most brands, and virgin is the only one i can really get on with and passionately reccomend to people. :D

I started as a virgin vie consultant in february so started using the skincare, it's okay but i am now back to my Liz earle range. I don't think i would choose to have a facial if the products were something i buy so easily. Also how do i find out about Nimue products as everyone seems to raving about them?

I like Liz Earle too. Nimus is distributed by Designer Nails in Leeds.

To be honest, I've heard good things about it but have never tried the stuff myself. My personal opinion is glorified Avon. Nothing wrong with Avon, buy I've kinda moved on from it.

I used it in my facials, it isn't a pro product and didnt give pro results. Don't like it personally sorry xx:cry:

A beauty therapist who wanted to rent a room in my salon said that she had been looking into this to use and sell.. and she found that they don't really have a wide variety of products and they are expensive.

I also put glorified Avon.

I don't like Virgin Vie think its overpriced,

If you are looking for a skincare range that is quite affordable then try one of these:

Envirion, RVB, Eve Taylor, Thalac, Priadara & Ahava. Can't remember anymore but they all sent me an info pack & i decided from there.

i love virgin vie - for myself 99% of my make up is theirs.

BUT as a retail item in a salon id go with a professional product such as nimue. anyone can buy virgin vie - if i was buying a product in a salon id like to think it was a professional product - id be more inclined to buy it as i know i can get virgin vie anywhere xx

Latest posts

Back