Visiting Excel.... car or train?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pebbles#1

Reaction score
This will be my first visit to Excel. I have read in the past that Excel is a nightmare to get to!? So, do I get the train/tube (coming from the South) or do I drive?? Would love to hear from any show visitors that have already been to Excel. I have had a look at the route on AA route guide, which takes me over the closed Hammersmith flyover = long delays :(
Not intending to buy tons of large items so shouldn`t have too much to carry (famous last words).

Also is the queueing system as it used to be years ago, if you have your badge/ticket it is a different queue to visitors purchasing entry tickets on the day?

Thanks in advance for any tips you may be able to give me :)

train is extremely easy straight to stratford then dlr to excell 5 mins

Im going from Porstmouth and def taking train!! x

Ive drove two years in a row coming from East London,
First time was great no traffic at all and parked up straight away!
Last year was horrendous!! I have a crappy car that overheated in long journeys, I was in traffic for an hour just to get into Excel, managed to get all the way into the car park then my car overheated and cut out! I had broken down in the car park and caused further delays :|
I think if your gonna drive leave early definitely!! I will always drive as I hate getting on the train and always buy lots and lots its just so much easier to put it all in the boot jump in the car and go home whenever!!
P.S I have a new car this year ;)

this is my first time to excel as well, does anyone know if nail harmony will be there? Also is it VAT free as it was at Olympia?

Thanks xx

this is my first time to excel as well, does anyone know if nail harmony will be there? Also is it VAT free as it was at Olympia?

Thanks xx

Hi Hun,
They will be there definitely!
I asked them about any show offers and they couldnt tell me as they dont know until a couple of days before!
However in the special offers booklet you get it it was 10% off if your wearing Harmony t-shirt, as well as whatever offers are there on the day x

My hubby drove me there last year and he said never again!

We arrived early which was fine, no ques but after he dropped me off he said it took ages to get back out and ages to get back in to collect me.

I have to catch the train this year lol.

I drove last time, and 100% will drive this time. It's so much easier, I dont live too far (Bexley) and i couldn't even dream about getting the train!

right under my nose...

Hi Hun,
They will be there definitely!
I asked them about any show offers and they couldnt tell me as they dont know until a couple of days before!
However in the special offers booklet you get it it was 10% off if your wearing Harmony t-shirt, as well as whatever offers are there on the day x

Will be putting my T-Shirt on then. I'm really hoping they will be doing VAT free too :D. 18G, I'm on my way to get you.

I can't decide, we drove last year and it was a nightmare getting in. I think I might take the train.

I'm going from Surrey and always take the train xx

I drove last year and it was so easy will defo be driving again, i should think it depends which day you are going, i am going Sunday and from the North so i'm hoping it will be as easy as it was last year!

We went Sunday last yr, drove up from Kent with no problems I can think of, we had our printed out tickets and there was a small queue but nothing major coming out was fine too although VERY BUSY inside I had to come out at one point!! X

I drove last year. Left and got there really early. As i had never been before and gave me time for getting lost. lol. It was very straight forward from mine, luckily. Parked no problems. The amount i bought i was back/forth to car dumping everything.
Ill be driving again. Going to leave early again, as there is still no guarentee i wont get lost. lol

I am intending on coming to excel this year for the first time so am excited too and thought about driving from Gloucester. When you say that you get there early, how early do you mean? It opens at 10am, is that correct?

Thanks

Just thought I would make you all as happy as I am! Lol nail harmony just said on Facebook that they will be VAT free and an extra 10% off! Yay! 3G lamp here I come!

Just thought I would make you all as happy as I am! Lol nail harmony just said on Facebook that they will be VAT free and an extra 10% off! Yay! 3G lamp here I come!

Hold on 18G and Magneto set, I'm on my way... What a fab offer.

I'm going by National Express. Soo much cheaper than driving or the train.

I am intending on coming to excel this year for the first time so am excited too and thought about driving from Gloucester. When you say that you get there early, how early do you mean? It opens at 10am, is that correct?

Thanks

Around 9am! lol. We are doing the same this year. If i get straight there without getting lost, we're going for brekky somewhere. :D Lots of places for food/drink in Excel. :D

We are not at the show this year but we have done a few shows in Excel.

I think going by DLR is the best option - traffic was a nightmare for the last show I was at.

Wear flat / comfy shoes so you can do loads of walking around in comfort.

Know who will be at the show and have an idea of what you want to see / buy before you get there.

Get there as early as you can to make sure you can get to see every stand you have your eye on. You can also get more time talking to the people on the stands.

But some of the best deals are late in the day when the midday crowds have died down.

There are loads of places to eat and drink. The view from the waterfront cafe is fab and I think they have a choice of 3-4 food places with communal seating.

Have a fab time everyone who's going.

Latest posts

Back