vtct

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanne2005

Reaction score
hay all, I'm just doing a vtct course at college and the time for nail prep, tips on, blending, then acrylic or gel overlay then finish and polish!! is around 1 1/2 hours and can i do it, in that time can i b***s just cant do it!!lol can do it in 2 but she said cant pass me till can do it in the time!! wot do you all think girls? me i would like 2 a good job even if it take me 4 hours wot can i do to speed up.

I know your gonna hate me but u need 2 practice! LOADS!!!:biggrin:

Crikey! 1 1/2 hours!!! How long have you been doing the course for? I can't get my time below 2 1/2 hours I wouldn't stand a chance!!!! I thought the emphasise was supposed to be on quality not quantity?!

well thats wot i thought!!! been doing this bit ov the course 4 9 weeks only got 3 weeks left its only 3 hours a week on a tue nite

Ye gods hun! She's asking for a lot. The only place you can save time on in the short term is your filing, but that means your aplication has to be better, The smoother it goes on the less fileing and shapeing after. long term you'll find as already said the more you practice the quicker you will get. Good luck hun.

I Am Doing A Course At College 2 And We Have To Do It In 1 And Half Hours Too.
I Find The Thing That Takes The Longest Is The Blending-i Hate Doing That Bit.any Tips On Blending Quicker?

Crikey....I can do 1 1/2 hours....just! But it took me a long time to get to that stage and no way could I do it in the early days.

Anyhow...never fear...if you do a good search on here there are various threads that have been put up in the past, about shortening the time taken, so a good search will bring them up (I'll have a look see if I can find them too)

They focus you on breaking up your service into sections, X mins for prep, Y mins for tipping etc and this was what really worked for me

Oh yes, that and shutting up talking! When I talk I tend to lose a little focus on what I'm doing and slow down!

It's the little things that will make a difference too...like laying out your station well to start with and not constantly swapping files, that can also help, and any preparation you can do before like pre-tailoring tips.

Hope this helps....at least it sounds like you tutor has high demands, so hopefully you'll be getting well trained!

think that is the thing that takes me the longest but at the end ov the day i think its something that shouldn't be rushed!!

I don't know if you alresdy do this, but try pre-blending your tips before you apply them to the nail and then use minimal glue, this cuts my time down alot. xxx:D

How Do You Pre-blend Them?

Its simple just hold the tip @ the free edge end and use a file ( i use a 180 grit file) to gently buff over the other end that you are going to attatch to the nail plate. So when you've wiped the excess glue off after you have stuck the tip on, there isn't much of a step for you to buff. All is needed is a bit of a tickle over. Doing this also means you don't cause as much stress to the natural nail plate as there is less chance of damaging it. xxx :lol:

will try this next week! will let you know how i get on!!

at our college we get 2 hrs 15 mins to do blended tips then we have to put our smile lines on with white powder then pink over the top.
I thought that all vtct courses have the same timings i must be wrong:confused: Anyway i hope you get your timings down and good luck with the rest of the course.

PM me and keep me posted on your progress gals xxx :green:

I qualified in February of this year and we were given as long as it took.

The class was 3 hours and most of us needed at least 21/2 hours.

joe90 said:
I qualified in February of this year and we were given as long as it took.

The class was 3 hours and most of us needed at least 21/2 hours.

I qualified in June 2005 and we had the same time as this.

Latest posts

Back