Want to do manicure and pedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebekahsBeauty

Reaction score
Hey nail geeks :green: Im a skin geek.

Ive been deeply considering doing Nails but only Pedicure & Manicure just to go along with my spray tanning. And i was going to do a home manicure and pedicure course with the beauty academy. I was wondering if anyone else has taken a home course in manicure and pedicure if so from where and was it good enough? I can get my insurance from beauty guild.

And is it a good buisness to be in?

cheers guys :hug:

Hi

Why don't you phoe your local college and do the VTCT Level 2 nail Treatments which cover manicure and pedicure? It's only about 10 weeks long (3-5 hours per week) depending which college it is. I did it last year - very thorough, covers health and safety as well. You get lots of assessment and practice on clients as well as each other. Well worth doing. I think i paid about £105.00 for course and £60.00 for training kit.

Good luck!

i would too, go with a VTCT/NVQ or other recognised certificate, i also did a VTCT level 2 nail treatment mani/pedi 10 week course last may and it was very good, or why not do a creative course im sure some of the other big companies must do mani/pedi training too

i think if you do a search on home learning courses, you will find loads on the subject hun

hands on experiene with live people is always better i think

hths xxx

vtct mani pedi was one of the first course i done

it was 18 weeks long and i really enjoyed it

i'm afraid i have no experience of home learning courses

Hey nail geeks :green: Im a skin geek.

Ive been deeply considering doing Nails but only Pedicure & Manicure just to go along with my spray tanning. And i was going to do a home manicure and pedicure course with the beauty academy. I was wondering if anyone else has taken a home course in manicure and pedicure if so from where and was it good enough? I can get my insurance from beauty guild.

And is it a good buisness to be in?

cheers guys :hug:
It's best to have hands on training. Is there a company that you are interested in as they might offer manicure/pedicure training. Creative and OPI do. HTH's

Hi,

I also think that a college course would be better for you if you can make the time.... not only for the point that you need real people but also your tutors can give you many real life tips and advice.. also if ( as mentioned in my local paper lately) we have to be regulated and certified you will have paid for a course that might be good but you will have to do it all again.... no training like the real thing and practice like mad at home... just my thoughts ..hope does not offend... Good Luck.. and yes its a great industry and lots a pennies to be made.....H x

I have just done my Spa Mani & Pedi with CND, it was lush!

You got to work on eachother, it was a really good day!

The products are really really nice! xx

Theres no point in replying to this thread guys as the lady who asked the question in the first place has been banned!

xxxxxxxxx:hug:

Theres no point in replying to this thread guys as the lady who asked the question in the first place has been banned!

xxxxxxxxx:hug:
However, the info given on the thread could be useful to other members :idea:

Yes, I suposse, I stand corrected! Sorry! :o

xxxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back