Wants NVQ3 but has just gone self employed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glamdoll

Reaction score
Hi, Can anyone advise my daughter what she can do, as she has decided she would like to do an NVQ3 but only 6 months ago she went self employed ( in Hairdressing ) & apparently college will only let you do this if you are employed be it p/time or full? Does this mean there is no way around this & she won't be able to achieve this qualification?

Speak to the college, mine requires 30 hours in a salon placement, this can be in 1 go or spread over weeks, a lot of girls got theres doing christmas shifts,

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Its so you can get experience they wont let you even apply for the course if you dont have some sort of placement i was going to do it before i did beauty

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

It depends on the college.

Some colleges offer level 3 part time and don't require you to have a salon placement, although these courses are usually aimed at students over 21 yrs.

I found this also, when trying to find an assessor course in colleges your required to be in a salon! So I feel for her...!

Latest posts

Back