Watching Competitions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmad

Reaction score
All this talk of competitions really makes me want to train for it. I'd really like to see first hand a set of nails that have been done in comp conditions. I tried to get a look in on the competition at Excel last year but all I could do was look through a hole in the partition and they were miles away into the distance woking away.

Any ideas?

I too would love to see some close up pictures of winning nails. All the magazine articles after the events show pictures of the models and technicians from a distance (or too far away to see the nails properly). Its great to see all the faces of people but it would be brilliant if they also attached a close up of the nails.

Can you not see them after the judging is done? Maybe thise in the know could advise?

I'd have though once all the formalitites are out of the way the competitors wouldn't object to others telling them how fab their nails are!

The closest I ever got was queing with the girls waiting to go into the awards ceremony, I love the fantasy art and did get to sit near to a girl that had the most amazing creations on her fingers couldnt see them up close tho'

Any chance all catergorys could have a close up pic in one of the mags?

If you want to see some really good ones go to www.world-nail-championship.com and look at the difference between the one that came first and the one that came 10th.

jac extreme said:
If you want to see some really good ones go to www.world-nail-championship.com and look at the difference between the one that came first and the one that came 10th.

Just had a peek. Technically fantastic but.........
is it just me? I don't actually think they look nice. Too square and too much white....

I know competition nails are totally different to salon nails - thank god if that's how they gotta look!

A world apart from Gigis solar manicure ad nails - now THOSE I could wear!:D

Bryony said:
Just had a peek. Technically fantastic but.........
is it just me? I don't actually think they look nice. Too square and too much white....

I know competition nails are totally different to salon nails - thank god if that's how they gotta look!

Hhhhmmm! Just had look at them. So, that's what they look for. I don't like the look either. My initial reaction is 'eewww!!'

Be great for picking your nose with though!!!

i just absolutley love em i could eat em all up, if i was a lady of lesuire i would have them like that all of the time. (if only) if i am going on a night out i have them long, longer the better, but when back to work i have to have them shorter, i would probably give someone a serious injury. but when i win the lottery hopefully tonight, i will be showing of a set just like them!

I have just had a look and thought they were all fantastic. Don't know if I would have the nerve to enter a competition.

How long do you get in a competition to produce a full set?

Hi all,
In a comp you get two and a half hours to produce yr set of comp nails( an yr buffing yr heart out till the last second!)
If yr at excel and see any models or techs with there models just ask to have a look, they r easily spotted one french finish hand and one red, we don't mind
Love Paula x

Yep 2 1/2 hours sounds like ages but you really are working till the last second!!
As Paula said look out for our models.....can't miss them!!!

Clare x

Bryony said:

I can understand why competition nail art is different to salon nail art, but why and how are competition nails different? Can any judges out there explain.

Surely Gigi's Fabric# ad and solar manicure ad nails are far more desirable to our clients as perfect nails. Is that not the sort of perfection the judges will be looking for?

Someone please tell me, because I don't understand :confused:

If yr at excel and see any models or techs with there models just ask to have a look, they r easily spotted one french finish hand and one red, we don't mind
Love Paula x

Hi Paula

Yes I am going to Excel - getting really excited about it as well - my first time. Thanks for the advice - if I see any models then I will definitely ask to have a look.

Latest posts

Back