Water encased nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akaza

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

I've been searching the site for water encased nails and have found some great threads, but with all the advice I've found, Im still unable to do them!

I can't seem to get the water to move around!

I think maybe I am attaching the 2 tips too tight together not allowing much room in between?

How can you leave enough room in between the tip, and still be able to seal the side walls so that water doesnt leak out?

Can someone please tell me how they are made??

Thanks in advance!

x x

Hi Geeks!

I've been searching the site for water encased nails and have found some great threads, but with all the advice I've found, Im still unable to do them!

I think maybe I am attaching the 2 tips too tight together not allowing much room in between?

How can you leave enough room in between the tip, and still be able to seal the side walls so that water doesnt leak out?

Thanks in advance!

x x

Pardon me?! What is this??

Hi Geeks!

Thanks in advance!

x x

Hi :)

I haven't tried this myself, but have watched some videos on YouTube demonstrating the procedure, perhaps you could try looking it up on there? Sometimes watching the vids on there is enough to show you what to do :)

Hi,

I have seen afew videos on youtube, but they are too brief to actually pick up on anything! :(

For what it is worth, when I have done this I put the tips together with a thin line of L&P.

Are you trying to do this just for fun? Because they certainly are not practical to wear and of course are much more bulky than a beautiful natural looking enhancement ... with these water nails you can't really have it both ways, ie thin and also see lots of movement.

Hi,
I have never seen nor heard of this I have had a look on you tube but I can't find anything on it if i coulod have a link to it that would be great.

Thanx xx

For what it is worth, when I have done this I put the tips together with a thin line of L&P.

Are you trying to do this just for fun? Because they certainly are not practical to wear and of course are much more bulky than a beautiful natural looking enhancement ... with these water nails you can't really have it both ways, ie thin and also see lots of movement.

Hi geeg,

Im wanting to do it for fun, but also because I dont want to give up on myself! :lol:

I know they are bulky, and I most certainly dont think anyone would want a full set of them...I just want to make one successfuly as its been abit of a challenge for me!

Im obviously doing something wrong...just trying to work out what!

I can manage to stick the two tips together with l+p, and put glitter in etc, but when it comes to sealing the pocket up, the glitter doesnt move around in it! :irked:

Hi,
I have never seen nor heard of this I have had a look on you tube but I can't find anything on it if i coulod have a link to it that would be great.

Thanx xx

look up aquarium nails and you should find some videos :)

I still haven't tried this myself, so this is a very uninformed guess...

But Im thinking maybe you are putting too much water in it... I think it would need a pocket of air so the water moves around.

Take care xx

I still haven't tried this myself, so this is a very uninformed guess...

But Im thinking maybe you are putting too much water in it... I think it would need a pocket of air so the water moves around.

Take care xx

I was just going to post to say the same thing as Barbie. Too much water = too little air to make a bubble and therefore no room for movement within the capsule.

Latest posts

Back