Wax heater 1st time disaster! Please help me! -x-

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxkazzaxx

Reaction score
OMG!!! I completed my wax course last week and I have been so mega busy setting up my own website but finally recieved my kit from beauty express yesterday. I feel confident with the waxing but setting up the kit tonight has been a nightmare!!

I basically did what the instructions told me, take the lid off the warm waxing pot and place into the heater for 20 minutes. I literally did this for two minutes and the wax pot MELTED!!! It was like all collapsing on each other!! I feel so stressed and upset, 5 months pregnant with another bubba, just wanting to get started on my new career and this happens. My hubby said that it would be obvious a plastic pot would melt in such a hot heater but the instuctions didn't say that?!!

It just said place the wax pot into the silver bucket thing which I did. Am I being dumb? What happened lol?!! Is it me or a faulty heater.

Pleasse please help as I booked in clients tomorrow which I have now un booked :( Sad face today!!

Thanks guys

Karen x x

oh no, i'm sure u can put the plastic tub stright into the bucket i did when i got mine first, what heater is it hun

My hubby said that it would be obvious a plastic pot would melt in such a hot heater but the instuctions didn't say that?!

To defend you a bit to your hubby :p i have plastic pots and they never melt, their meant to work with the high temp of the wax heater.

Now what kind of wax heater are you using? is it a hive?

Aaww this is a shame, sorry to hear about your little disaster :(
I've never had any problems with my wax heater and I do exactly the same as you have described, sounds to me like the heater could be faulty, not that you have done anything wrong. I think you should contact beauty express or the manufacturer.
Hope you get this sorted soon! Good luck :)

Hi guys!

Thanks for your message! I brought it from beauty express and it just says 'Professional waxy heater 1000cc'! I got it as a set and it was £xx with VAT.

I just turned the heater on, the wax pot was placed in there, I was so excited and then I looked at it and was like 'Nooooo!!' And the bottom of the pot literally just melted!!

I don't understand, do you think the heater was faulty?? I managed to rescue some of the wax so i just poured this into the silver tin thing?? Is that okay to do? I want to re-heat the wax again in the silver tin to see if ot ok, do you think that will be alright?

Thanks x x

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys!

Thanks for your message! I brought it from beauty express and it just says 'Professional waxy heater 1000cc'! I got it as a set and it was £xx with VAT.

I just turned the heater on, the wax pot was placed in there, I was so excited and then I looked at it and was like 'Nooooo!!' And the bottom of the pot literally just melted!!

I don't understand, do you think the heater was faulty?? I managed to rescue some of the wax so i just poured this into the silver tin thing?? Is that okay to do? I want to re-heat the wax again in the silver tin to see if ot ok, do you think that will be alright?

Thanks x x

Is the wax pot you bought meant to be heated up? some waxes have to be decanted into a tin.

the wax you managed to save and put in the wax tin, is this tin removal? if it is i would say try heating the wax again. if the tin is not removable then i would say DO NOT HEAT YOUR WAX as non removable tins are not meant to have wax in them

The silver tin pot is removable :) So there is wax in there at the moment, I have emailed beauty express so waiting for a reply back which will probably be tomorrow now.

It is 'just wax' products that I am using.

Maybe it is just the heater, I feel so emotional tonight lol,

x x

Hiya, I have a 500cc wax heater (little one) that I put the actual plastic or metal wax pots into, however I have to decant wax into the removal inner container in my Hive 1000cc heater. You can buy the inner containers to decant different waxes into. I have one for warm wax and have now got a second one for hot wax. My Hive 1000cc heater says the following in the instructions:

WARNING: '....never place plastic jars of wax directly into the heater. If this is your chosen method of heating, purchase a Hive Wax Pro Heater 500cc

If the pot has melted in the inner container, you may be able to clean it up, if not you can buy a new inner container for about £10.

One more quite important thing - re. you rescued wax: I would personally cut your losses and chuck the wax away and buy a new lot. If there is any traces of plastic in the wax, when heated the plastic could scold or stick to the clients skin if you use it. However likely or unlikely this may be, I don't reckon it's worth taking the risk.

Hth and don't let it upset you just a minor set back, you can get it sorted! :)

Hiya, I have a 500cc wax heater (little one) that I put the actual plastic or metal wax pots into, however I have to decant wax into the removal inner container in my Hive 1000cc heater. You can buy the inner containers to decant different waxes into. I have one for warm wax and have now got a second one for hot wax. My Hive 1000cc heater says the following in the instructions:

WARNING: '....never place plastic jars of wax directly into the heater. If this is your chosen method of heating, purchase a Hive Wax Pro Heater 500cc

If the pot has melted in the inner container, you may be able to clean it up, if not you can buy a new inner container for about £10.

One more quite important thing - re. you rescued wax: I would personally cut your losses and chuck the wax away and buy a new lot. If there is any traces of plastic in the wax, when heated the plastic could scold or stick to the clients skin if you use it. However likely or unlikely this may be, I don't reckon it's worth taking the risk.

Hth and don't let it upset you just a minor set back, you can get it sorted! :)

Exactly what i was just going to write :p great minds on this site

Ohhhh THANK YOU SO much everyone for your help!! You must be right, it must have been way to hot, I just think the instructions were not clear at all! i am going to give it another go tomorrow as I am shattered now to do it ( I work in childcare, have a 2 year old, 5 months pregnant and just setting up website lol!) I love being busy but these days one thing happens and I am a mess! It must be the baby hormones!! Also I have set uo my own site now Radiance by Sienna Rose - Home and although I keep getting great feedback I just feel a little un-confident sometimes in what i provide. Does anyone else get like that?? Thanks -x-

oh sweet pea just posted on your other thread , you have alot on your plate things like this happen more offen that we admit ! i showed up for a massage with no massage oil :Scared:the other day
just put it down to experance, breath and move on

I was as stressed as you last week - had a disaster with the wax, got through it with some support off one of the lovely supportive geeks on this site.

Its easy to say don't stress I am going through many ups and downs trying to get started but this site is great for support as a lot of people have been through it and come out the other side.

Take care xxx

How you doing petal? Did you get it sorted?

As for emotional days when things bodge up or I run late and get stressed out - yes, I have them often!! It's like proper stress out at the time, but you learn from it and move on.

I've been doing it 2 years now and I'm getting into my stride, but still have scary days! But I think if you love something and you're trying hard then you're going to be nervous or worried sometimes, it's because you care about what you do and want to be good at it.

Minor set backs that's all, get through them and learn from them.

Try not to worry and let it stress you out, it's not worth it. Like guilt, worry is a wasted emotion! Easier said than done though eh?!

Best of luck in your work and your family. Sounds like an exciting time for you ! :)

Latest posts

Back