Wax not coming off skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jools999

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm quite new to waxing and absolutely loving it. However, I have a couple of teething problems I need help with. Sometimes, when I smooth the wax strip onto the wax and pull it off, the wax is still stuck to the client
and not come away with the strip! Is this because I'm not applying the wax thinly enough?

Likewise, when using hot wax, sometimes little specks get left on the client. I was taught to use the shiny side of a previous strip to pick it up with and have seen Kim Lawless and Jack Dunn do this with ease but when I do it? Doesn't bloody budge, even after smothering the client in oil and cleaning them up with a clean wax strip. I use Perron Rigot and Berodin wax so not a cheap one but clients going home with blue specks stuck to their arse is not a good look!:)) Any tips?

Hi,

I'm quite new to waxing and absolutely loving it. However, I have a couple of teething problems I need help with. Sometimes, when I smooth the wax strip onto the wax and pull it off, the wax is still stuck to the client
and not come away with the strip! Is this because I'm not applying the wax thinly enough?

Likewise, when using hot wax, sometimes little specks get left on the client. I was taught to use the shiny side of a previous strip to pick it up with and have seen Kim Lawless and Jack Dunn do this with ease but when I do it? Doesn't bloody budge, even after smothering the client in oil and cleaning them up with a clean wax strip. I use Perron Rigot and Berodin wax so not a cheap one but clients going home with blue specks stuck to their arse is not a good look!:)) Any tips?

Hi it could be a case of applying the wax too thick or the wax may not be heated enough? also could be something to do with the pre wax that your applying? x

Yeah applying the wax to thickly or you may not be pulling in the correct direction x

I apply oil underneath as that's what PR suggest. Will aim to apply thinner in future. Any tips on cleaning client up after? Oil seems to remove warm wax but I can't get the small flecks of hot wax off which is driving me mad!:))

With the problem with the strip wax, it maybe because it has cooled down on the skin perhaps you are taking too long to apply it?
But it's easy to fix as all you do is after applying the strip before you whip it off, rub your hand firmly and quickly on top of the strip to create heat this will warm up the wax underneath and it will come off the skin.

I apply oil underneath as that's what PR suggest. Will aim to apply thinner in future. Any tips on cleaning client up after? Oil seems to remove warm wax but I can't get the small flecks of hot wax off which is driving me mad!:))
If you are still having problems after you try the following with the Berodin Blue give me a call. It is an application issue rather than a wax issue. Make sure that the wax isn't thin at the edges and you are using good pressure when you apply, you should not be getting bits of wax left on your client.

Try to make your edges neat then it will come off without leaving bits.

Latest posts

Back