Wax stuck in hair-(bikini wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyJayne

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've just completed and qualified in my level 2 and I did a bikini wax on a friend the other night, I'm using salon systems lavender creme wax and quite a bit got stuck in the hair and wouldn't come off, the wax or the hair! (I hope that makes sense!) I tried firmly pressing down with my strip and removing again, also tried putting a small amount of wax on top and trying again (I've seen that tip on here :) ) in the end I soaked the wax out with oil but it happened a couple of times and it's left me feeling quite disheartened :(
Could it be that I'm not used to creme wax? I always used regular honey wax. Or is it my technique? I know practice makes perfect but I'm a perfectionist and I hate sending people away with a treatment that I'm not happy with :/
I've searched the forums but can't seem to find anything. Hope someone can help shed some light on this for me please x

I had this problem when I tried to wax bikini hair that was too long on the mons pubis. The sides were fine as they were short but the top was too long.
You can trim it down. Could that have been it? Also changing direction of pulling.

It could be the hair was too long? Or I did it the other day, where I waited too long, and the hot wax went a bit brittle and kind of was snapping off rather than pulling off (I'm newly qualified too). I was sooo nervous and stood staring at it panicking inside somwhat! But in the end, I just piled another spatula load on as if the wax wasn't even there, and when I pulled the new layer it lifted the bottom layer also. Pheww

It was quite long now you mention it, I will definitely trim if it looks that way again! The sides and top were fine where it had been waxed before but just underneath was where I struggled so that definitely makes sense :) thanks ladies x

When you apply the wax make sure you're using good, firm pressure and really pushing the wax through to the base of the hair. If it's really long definitely trim first, if you don't want to use scissors a small pair of hair clippers works well.

Latest posts

Back