Waxing a large hairy mole on the face

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjs78

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was taught not to wax a mole as the skin can become irritated so I've always stuck by this waxed around moles. My predicament is with my daughter. She is 12 years old and has requested I start waxing her upper lip which I will do no probs, but she has a large mole on the side of her mouth with some unsightly long hairs growing from it. I've never dealt with a face mole with hair before and so I'm intrigued as to what you guys would do? Wax or not?

My 10 year old has one on her chin and asked me to see about getting the hairs removed too [emoji20]

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1475522816.791823.jpg

This is the mole :)

I have waxed them..maybe not suppose to but i have with no probs. Plus i have on on my chin and i wax or tweeze those nasty hairs out. Again no prob, have done it for years

I was taught not to remove hair from the mole at all but to carefully cut any hair coming from the mole as short as you can.
However on myself I pluck them out and for my daughter I probably would too.

I've been taught to never wax moles with hair growing out of them as it can interfere with the cells withing the mole and cause problems, we are taght to cut the hairs right at the base. If it causes your daughter to feel uncomfortable it's best to speak to a medical professional

Ok thanks for all your replys. My daughter wants to try a camouflage make-up as the mole cannot be removed at this stage. My concern with cutting the hairs back is you will still be able to see them through the make up. When I spoke to the doctor about waxing the hairs she said she sees no problem with it but best to talk to a beautician [emoji30], no point explaining to her that i am one myself. I may try plucking them but this seems to me to be more brutal than waxing, I'm in a dilemma [emoji58]

I have a hairy mole on my face and I've tried cutting it as short as possible but you can still see them and I can't stand it. So I pluck mine even though I've been told not to :/

Iv got hairy moles a couple on my legs I just wax those beauties straight after a few years they have given up growing! They can spot after waxing though xx

Latest posts

Back