Waxing and allergies?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProperPrincess

Reaction score
Ok so I have a phone call (quite excited as Ive only just started out on my own) she wants her eyebrows waxed BUT is allergic to adhesive and is concerned as its sticky. I would have thought wax has no adhesive in it but now im questioning myself. I use Hive honey wax and various creme waxes. Does anyone know the answer or how I can find out?

Hi,

some people are allergic to the resin used in the adhesive for sticking plasters and resin is very common in wax. I'd definitely patch test the lady to see how she reacts to your waxes, or track down a resin-free hypoallergenic wax.

Good luck with the new business!

Sarah xx

Thanks a lot. Will do a bit of research now x

Generally the sticking plasters is a great indicator to a problem. Perron Rigot do several non-strip waxes that are hypoallergenic (they have synthetic resin) and also a strip wax (Cristal Ocean) that is ok for those with plaster allergies. But always do a patch test on any client who suspects an allergic reaction.

I have an allergy to colophony which is the pine resin used in plasters, wax, etc and it makes me almost rip my skin off it is so itchy when I wax! I have found that a lot of hot waxes are fine for me though. Definitely do a patch test on a small area before you treat the client just to safeguard both of you x

Latest posts

Back