Waxing blisters?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skinpassion

Mrsferg
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Today I did a thigh wax and high Bikini on a new client. I have years experience and confidant Iv done nothing wrong. As I was waxing I noticed that she had a lot of red prikly heat rash but only slightly more than a normal client. I used warm honey wax for legs and Perron riogot intimate 4 for bikini. As I started the bikini wax she was saying it felt really hot and wincing and her skin was going really red. I stopped and checked back at her legs and she even had a few blisters! I second guessed my self and checked both waxes on my inside wrist both of which didn't even cause a slight redness on me and didn't feel even slightly too hot. I told her I didn't want to continue and that her skin was very heat sensitive. She is on no medication and hasn't used a subbed or been sunbathing in last 24hours. She is desperate to have the waxing done as has recently entered a new relationship. I told her I will give her a call tomorow and see how it is and if it went down quickly will get her back in to compelte. Any ideas on what could have hoppened?!!

Is she allergic to plasters? If she is, she may be allergic to wax. Has she been waxed before?

Vic x

She used to be waxed before regularly but hasn't for a few years

The only thing I can think is an allergy to the wax. If she has a plaster allergy, that's often a clue, but it sounds like she has had a reaction to me x

If your client had an allergic reaction, the rash is (in my experience) more like hives. If the client said the wax was really hot when you applied it, and it did`nt felt this way on you, or left redness on you, I would think the client skin is really heat sensitive as you mentioned.

If the rash is not ichy, or look like a really allergic reaction I would first apply talcum on the skin to "calm it down". Then I would lowered the temp on my wax as much as possible, and i would used talcum after waxing too. I would not have used any prep products with mixed ingrediences either, but would tell my client to use gentle soap and shower before the session. I would also have put my fan at full speed, and make sure the room is not so hot/high air humidity, so the customer dont get a higher core temperature initially, or sweaty.

My experiences is that those with sensitive skin, it is best to use products that are "pure", (such as talcum, and I only use the one with no perfume) in other words I dont use products containing a mix of different ingredients either before or after treatment.

I've had clients react to waxing with hives but that has been more of a reaction than an allergy. The client with an allergy had small red spots that were super itchy.

I've also had a client with super sensitive skin (called sensitive skin syndrome) where her skin is super reactive. You may never find out why, but as has been suggested, removing all other products can help, although a shower beforehand may make her more reactive x

Shower was ment as a way to remove products the client could have used on the skin, and for cleansing the skin for natural oils/swet before treatment (although almost every clients I have have recently showered).

Heat rash can also be super ichy, but I'm just sharing my experiences (where the diagnose was set by a doctor ).

I've a similar customer - when she is waxed she immediately comes out in swollen red hives - the first time I seen it she told me that this was normal for her and that after waxing her skin goes back to normal very quickly (there is no continued reaction)... so the next time I checked and she wasn't bothered told me all had been fine and that her skin had went back to normal quicker than other waxes (I use PR) so I was pleased and as we have continued on I notice that each time the reaction is getting less and less as she is regular with her waxing now.

I have seen similar in about 2 other girls and they all have in common very fair pale skin and strong coarse heavy hair growth.

I think you did the right thing - if it was me I'd want to see the skin in the days after to see it has settled before doing again however don't feel the pressure of her wanting it done if in your opinion its best not to get it done

I must say this exact thing happened to ME by the rep doing my waxing using rig perrion waxes I almost died felt my skin was being ripped off and consequently I had to get burn treatment from the doctor. I was not impressed and I don't think much of their waxes !

I specifically told them I have sensitive skins and I can happily use depileve waxes so I did my research and there is an ingredient which is different. Anyhow I won't ever use their wax again or on my clients. Even if you paid me. Was disgusting

I must say this exact thing happened to ME by the rep doing my waxing using rig perrion waxes I almost died felt my skin was being ripped off and consequently I had to get burn treatment from the doctor. I was not impressed and I don't think much of their waxes !

I specifically told them I have sensitive skins and I can happily use depileve waxes so I did my research and there is an ingredient which is different. Anyhow I won't ever use their wax again or on my clients. Even if you paid me. Was disgusting
I'm wondering if its rosin which is removed from some waxes for sensitive skin. Usually if that's the case, it's linked with allergy to plasters as well x

I'm wondering if its rosin which is removed from some waxes for sensitive skin. Usually if that's the case, it's linked with allergy to plasters as well x

Rosin, is that the same as "resin"? In Norway Resin is called "harpiks" or "kvae". This is the viscous, thick liquid from pine trees.. (Maybe it seems like a stupid question, but I think if its related to language, and me misunderstanding:oops:)

My last stupid question is PR, this is Perron Rigot the wax?

Yes I actually worked out what it was but forgot the long name of the ingredient but what upset me was they way the rep handled the entire situation.

They were doing demos at the professional beauty show and I listed what I wanted from a wax and my concerns and my own skin im sensitivity and what I used in the past 10 years and the rep was almost snide and arrogant about the fact that "their wax is NOT" like any other in the world and carried on a bit too much. And when I told her my skin felt like was on fire they STILL said let's try another wax !
I am thinking if I agree who is actually at fault me for allowing this or her for doing this?! I decided to leave but no apologies or follow up nothing.

Thi doesn't happen with sugaring by the way! So I now signed up for Alexandria sugaring classes in September.

Rant over [emoji85]

Latest posts

Back