waxing contra-indications

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lozfrank

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i'm new to this site and needing a little help. I am currently studying Level 2 Beauty Therapy and we start waxing next week. We have some research to do but i'm not getting much up when i search. I need to find out why they should not be treated and what do they look like.

Prevent Treatment:

recent scar tissue under 6 month old
heat rash
sunburn or recent exposure to the sun or heat
allergy to wax
rosin allergy
medication such as steroids

require a medical referral

severe infectious skin conditions
diabetes or loss of tactile sensations
defective circulation

Restrict treatment

recent fractures or sprains
moles
warts
bruising
infected skin growth
skin tags
medication
self tan

If anyone can give me a web address or help in any way I would be more than grateful. Thank you.x

Hi and welcome to Salon Geek

Unfortunately we cannot help with Homework assignments and sometimes you can find the wrong information when you google.

Did you not get any books from your course?

I would really invest in some good books so you can find all the answers yourself and that way the info tends to stick better... I have so many Nail ones and still refer to them even though I'm 9 years in the industry.

I'm a Nail Geek, but maybe some of the other Geeks on here can recommend some good books if your tutor can't.

:hug:

When I did my Level 2 beauty we used:
S/NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy, 2nd Edition: For the 2004 Standards by Ms Jane Hiscock and Frances Lovett.
I would also recommend:
Beauty Therapy Fact File Student Book by Ms Susan Cressy
Hope this helps x

Thank you for advice, going to have a look on Amazon know.x

Latest posts

Back