Waxing help please for newbie, time/supplies/hygiene

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desivixen

Reaction score
Hi loves :Love:

I've been waxing on and off for years now, never consistently.
Learned brow waxing when I was 18 at a salon, did it for a couple months and left it behind. Then 2012 I did a quick certificate course in mainly Brazilian waxing and went over other parts quickly. I watch a ton of videos and do a lot of research.

I've only now started getting into waxing consistently (no longer on just friends/family) and took on my second paying client today...

We did the clients full arms and full legs and Oh wow do I have questions:

1. I use the Perron Rigot system (blue soft wax in this scenario)- I'm not double dipping but I must have gone through like 30 sticks easily (at least!!) Is this normal? This is going to be really costly really quick isn't it?

2. It took soooooooooooo many strips (less than the sticks but you know what I mean) - is this normal? I don't like to continue to use the same strip more than like 3x because then the wax gets thick and I think it pulls the skin after or doesn't come off as smoothly

3. It took me easily an hour and them some to do the full arms and legs!!! :sad::sad::sad: I didn't feel like I was struggling - that's just how long it took me :sad:

4. I take the strip and get off any excess wax after, then run in a lotion but the client was still pretty sticky afterwards! is there something else I can do to get her all clean?

5. I got wax in my pink fuzzy blankey that was under my white dr office paper lol :sad: I'm afraid my wax cleaner will bleach it, any ideas on getting it out?

The client is a friend of a friends, we're friends too but through people. She's getting married tommorrow and I have to see her again because I'm doing her bridal makeup! Although I dont think she was dissapointed (other than the time it took) I feel disappointed!!! :( :sad:

Every reply you get will say practice, practice, practice BUT if you are practicing badly you will struggle!
Good practice will mean your wax will go on thinner and then you will use less wax strips. Spatulas cost about 1.25 for 100 so you're not going to make a huge dent in your profit but good waxing will help you soar your wax more.

Do you think your technique is good and all you need is practice or do you think you need a refresher?

Only you can answer!

It took me a long long time to master waxing and with hindsight I could have done with a top up course. It is such a lucrative service that any money spent on training is well spent!

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You need to get your spatulas from Your Salon Store. They quite often have vat free days and they're only 70p anyway for a box of 100.
I get through loads of spatulas but per service it's really not much.
Your time will come with practice. I always use roller wax for legs. it's so much quicker and easier :)

Every reply you get will say practice, practice, practice BUT if you are practicing badly you will struggle!
Good practice will mean your wax will go on thinner and then you will use less wax strips. Spatulas cost about 1.25 for 100 so you're not going to make a huge dent in your profit but good waxing will help you soar your wax more.

Do you think your technique is good and all you need is practice or do you think you need a refresher?

Only you can answer!

It took me a long long time to master waxing and with hindsight I could have done with a top up course. It is such a lucrative service that any money spent on training is well spent!

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

thank you so much, that helps a lot!

Any advice on the stickiness and how to get wax out of my blankey? lol

To reduce stickiness apply a tiny bit of wax on clean area and take it off with fresh strip. Then use this strip over sticky parts of body as a bit wax seems to get off leftovers much better than clean strip. Works for me.

For blanket I'd use oil based wax remover but it could leave stain.

I agree with what Vicki said.

I find it easier after waxing to apply a little of the jasmine oil over the area. It will loosen any little bits of residual wax that are left on the skin. Then just use a clean wax strip to remove the excess oil which will remove any stickiness then just cleanse and apply your post waxing products as normal.

Latest posts

Back