Waxing help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emzii91

Reaction score
I did a lip wax on a client earlier today and for the first time ever, I took away a bit of skin from her upper lip. I called after she left to check how it is, advised her to use sudocreme and I've offered her a complimentary treatment (I didn't charge her for the lip wax either) but I feel so terrible :( I've never had this happen before! I used warm wax, same temperature as always, and I supported the skin. I didn't do anything different to my normal procedure. Now I wish I used hot wax but she only had very fine, fair hair. Can anyone help? :(

Did you do a client consultation ? Is she on any medication that thins out the skin such as steroids, has she diabetes, is she usings any ahas or bhas as part of a skin care routine?

where was the graze? is it possible due to the shape of her mouth that the skin wasn't correctly supported, some people have pronounce nasal-labia lines, particularly older clients and it can be harder to keep the skin correctly supported.

Was your angle of removal correct, it's very easy to lift it up instead of parallel to the skin.

Unfortnately these things can just happen for no particular reason as well, If you've gone through everything and can't think of anything that may be the cause i would just chalk it to one of those things. Don't feel to bad, it happens every therapist and you've handled it well, she will be perfectly fine in a couple of days :)

Great advice. Totally agree it can sometimes just happen. Well done with how you dealt with it x

I did a lip wax on a client earlier today and for the first time ever, I took away a bit of skin from her upper lip. I called after she left to check how it is, advised her to use sudocreme and I've offered her a complimentary treatment (I didn't charge her for the lip wax either) but I feel so terrible :( I've never had this happen before! I used warm wax, same temperature as always, and I supported the skin. I didn't do anything different to my normal procedure. Now I wish I used hot wax but she only had very fine, fair hair. Can anyone help? :(

Ripped skin can happen for many reasons. Did you do a consultation with her to see if she is on medication like acutane...does she have an overactive thyroid? Is she diabetic? I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just be sure ask your clients questions regarding their health history
I had a client who got ripped skin fr me waxing her brows because she was a massive weight loss patient her skin was sensitive to wax. You may also want to use a different wax.. Some are harsher than others. Hard wax is better for sensitive areas.

Latest posts

Back