Waxing help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
I have my 1st waxing assesment tonight at college and despite my tutor telling me that my technique is good it is the one treatment I have absolutely no confidence in whatsoever.:irked: I can't even take in my own model as all my friends are regular waxers and have no hair available right now!!!! So my model is going to be a member of staff from the college. now in prnciple I have no problem at all waxing a stranger (thats what its all about right?) but until she arrives tonight I will have no idea what she wants waxed. I have only ever done 1/2 a bikini wax and to be honest got a little bit matted up! :eek:
We have never been shown howto avoid this or how to trim the hair.

Legs, underarms, eyebrow and facial waxing I feel happy and confident with but if anyone can give me any tips for the bikini I would be very grateful.. And yes I have read the waxing tutorial on the site. :)

Take a deep breath hun, you'll be fine. :hug:
If the hair is too long, just lightly trim down to approx half an inch. Don't apply wax to too large an area. I.e. don't do a strip from the top of the thigh down to the inner thigh, you'll run the risk of bruising. Hold the skin very taught, again to avoid bruising. Tell you tutor you're not so confident on bikini waxing, does she actually realize that you've had so little practice on this area? She might be able to give you some other tips. Do tell her you want more practice on bikini line, even when you've passed your assessment, it's not your fault, they should have gone over it more often with you.:hug:

To be honest i very much doubt the lady having it will want her bikini done and certainly not much of it from someone doing their first assessment.Would you? shes probably thinking about what will be the least painful.
Also if she does have bikini done she would probably have had it done before and it wont be long.Good luck just keep areas small,dont put wax on too thick and hold skin tight when you pull off.

To be honest i very much doubt the lady having it will want her bikini done and certainly not much of it from someone doing their first assessment.Would you? shes probably thinking about what will be the least painful.

Thats what I'm hoping!!! :lol:

Ill be thinking of you this evening Pure...follow everybodys tips and you will be fine
If it helps i was never good at waxing,but now i LOVE it,!

We could swapif you want and you could do my 2 massages later this evening???:green: :!:

You will be fine hun, i have not long ago qualified to wax and i have just waxed my own legs and armpits with no probs, who knows you may be lucky and get a tutor you dont like :evil: :lol:

Well it turns out that they weren't able to find a model for me or 2 other students. So whilst everyone else was being assessed we 3 practiced on each other, and later in the evening our tutor gave us some really good 1:1 on bikini waxing. So although I wasn't able to do my assesment I feel much, much happier about it. I could see exactly where I was going wrong, which was a simple case of postitioning the wax strip, so easy to put right. :rolleyes:

Well it turns out that they weren't able to find a model for me or 2 other students. So whilst everyone else was being assessed we 3 practiced on each other, and later in the evening our tutor gave us some really good 1:1 on bikini waxing. So although I wasn't able to do my assesment I feel much, much happier about it. I could see exactly where I was going wrong, which was a simple case of postitioning the wax strip, so easy to put right. :rolleyes:
It will come with time believe me,its all down to practice and now you have had some extra help you will most certainly find things easier.Good luck when you have your assessment:hug:

Latest posts

Back