Waxing or Tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laydee Danielle

Reaction score
I am considering training in another treatment to do alongside nails but I can decide which one to do! What would you recommend- Waxing or Tanning and why?

Both are a good source of income although tanning is probably more profitable. Have a look in your area and see what is on offer already. If you choose one area you can then use the profits to fund the other.
There are loads of tanning threads on here to get stuck into to give you an idea.

Both would be good, but I would say tanning is easier to master than waxing IMO.

Sassy Hassy said:
Both would be good, but I would say tanning is easier to master than waxing IMO.

thats what I was thinking but I havent really got anywhere suitable to do tanning- although on the other hand I dont have anywhere to put a couch for waxing either, I need a bigger house :D

Laydee Danielle said:
I am considering training in another treatment to do alongside nails but I can decide which one to do! What would you recommend- Waxing or Tanning and why?

We did a profit analysis of all our treatments & Tanning came out top (after botox). Profit isn't everything though.

Richard.

I do both & would say tanning as its much easier & you can buy your kit, recieve it & be trained in a week, like i was xxxxxxxxxxx

I would say waxing tbh.......i do more waxing than i do spray tanning and layout isnt as expensive as what tanning is.......also waxing is quite easy to master....if you are confident and alot of my clients have their eyebrows and top lip for example waxed everytime they come in for infill and then every 4-6 weeks thats every other visit have legs and bikini done.....which i do in about 15 to 20 mins and earns me quite abit

Amanda

Hi,
I think you would get more repeat business from waxing ,the kit is cheaper,and the wax will last agesand the cost is very little to replace.
from julie

I would do both but start with tanning, loads of people will be wanting there tans done for summer and its easy to use and learn. You get pop up tents that fold away when not in use, if you dont have the space. Tantrick seems to be popular on here and have seen the results and they look fab.

I'd say tanning, purely because it's not rocket science it's quick with a huge profit turnover and if you do your client consultation properly you've got no chance of any real bad client feedback, ie ingrown hairs and what knot. BUT.... you'll get more repeat business from waxing.

waxing, it's easy to learn.. and a necessity :p
but then again, i haven't tried spray tanning yet

Lily said:
I would say waxing tbh.......i do more waxing than i do spray tanning and layout isnt as expensive as what tanning is.......also waxing is quite easy to master....if you are confident and alot of my clients have their eyebrows and top lip for example waxed everytime they come in for infill and then every 4-6 weeks thats every other visit have legs and bikini done.....which i do in about 15 to 20 mins and earns me quite abit

Amanda

Exactly the same reasons as Amanda. although you need to do the training the products are cheaper compared to tanning solutions and the profit margin i would say is higher

both!

if i had to say one or other......probably waxing.

NEAR ON EVERYONE has waxing, and there is a damn good profit margin, its quick.

Tanning is more popular...but i personally do more waxing.

amb xxx

I've done both, and I make a ton more money waxing then I ever did with the tanning. Your overhead is so little, and you make a pretty good profit. I can do $400.00 in waxing in 3 hours, and I take home half of that. What other service can you make that much money in so little time?

Latest posts

Back