Waxing pot settings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deborah1611

Reaction score
Need some help please I got a Sallys wax pot when I set it to number 6 to melt the wax it melts the wax fine but when I turn it down to number 4 to cool the wax to a comfortable temperature for the client it starts to harden what is the best temperature/number to set it at?
I'm just new to waxing and the wax pots I trained with Sallys don't do them no more as they have new ones out! I've uploaded a picture of my wax pot. Thanks xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1398526063500.jpg
    1398526063500.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 182
I have the same wax pot. I put it on 3-4. What product do u use ?

Just the sallys honey wax
Would it be because I use the removal pot? xx

No shouldn't be. When you turn it on just put it on 4 and see how it goes. It's not good for the machine if u turn it up just to warm wax off. I find machine will last longer if left on one setting. Hope that helps

Thanks will do that! How long should it take to melt the wax at number 4? Xx

Deborah

I have always turned my heat up to get my wax melted and then turned it down when I used analogue heaters and most of the digital heaters have a button for fast heat / high heat so that you can melt the wax at a higher temperature for a set period of time before setting it at the correct working temperature, which I always use at the start if the day.

I do find digital easier to work with and generally more accurate with temperature control.

I have not used those wax heaters so I'm not sure on the temperature range but just play around with the temperatures till you find the correct wax consistency then check the temperature, it may be that a higher setting is required. I always found so many inconsistencies with analogue settings some therapists would be able to use there heater on a particular setting whilst others are higher or lower.

Also the temperature of the room/ environment, if your wax pots are close to heating or air conditioning etc can make such a difference to the wax.
Hope you manage to get it sorted out.

HTH jack

Thank you very much will have a play round with it today and see how I got on thanks for your reply :)

Sorry if I'm saying what's been said but I've not read other replies.

Don't take too much notice of what temp your heater says, just get your wax to the right consistency and whatever number that particle heater is set at will be what you use it at. Then when you get a new heater do the same trial again the first time.

You should always go by what your wax looks like (get to know your product) and not the number on the front.

Thanks Kim.
I think I was worrying because the wax pots I trained with you where able to set them at 3-4 and my own was about 5 but the wax was the right temperature for the client I also test the heat of my wax on my wrist first. Thanks for your reply :) xx

Latest posts

Back