Waxing pregant lady

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemmonie

Reaction score
I have a friend who i do her leg wax for. She is pregnant for the 2nd time and has a very hairy belly, can i wax it for her?

Due to hormones and more blood flowing to your skin, waxing can be a lot more painful during pregnancy. The stomach is also very stretched so the skin is thinner.There is no reason why you can't wax but i would test a little area first to see how she copes with the sensitivity. I would also use non-strip wax if you have it.
Might just be worth checking with your insurance company first though!

I waxed a pregnant lady a week before she was due to give birth, she also had a hairy stomach which she wanted waxed, but I insisted on doing test strip on the stomach area 48 hours in advance to check for any reaction. She had no reaction, but as Angelina said the skin is thinner and your client may find it painful.
I also found putting a pillow under the clients head more comfortable for her than lying completely flat.
Hope this helps :)

I've never had a problem with a pregnant client and always whip the hairs of the tummy. It's actually very easy as the skin is nice and taught! I wouldn't do it if you are not confident in your waxing though as you don't want to take off skin and give her an infection. A light application of pre wax oil should prevent this happening though.

My rule is that I wax everything that they want waxed......who wants to walk around with a hairy belly. The thing is to be guided by your client. They'll soon let you know if they need to move around or can't take anymore pain. x

Couldn't agree more with what has already been said. Nice tight belly although you should still support the skin in the appropriate way and whip off. I would do it in short bursts IYKWIM.

Waxing is not a contraindication in pregnancy so there really should not be any reason to check with your insurers.

I still got waxed right up until the birth of both my boys. It was a little bit of a struggle getting off the bed but other than that it was fine. I didn't want to go into labour with hairy bits lol! Oh and you obviously can't flip over onto your tummy for the backs of the legs.

when i was at college we were told the hormones in pregnancy can give you hair in place you usually dont have them and once baby is born they dissappear again this happened to me both times i was pregnant more got hairs on chin lol but i trimmed was only one hair but enough. anyway we were told bes to leave at as you start to wax the area theywill always need it waxed. has your friend always had a hairy belly. but i dont think if you do wax it will do any harm at all.

Hmm, I've got two lady customers who are pregnant - nothing to do with me - I promise!! :lol:

I've not waxed tummy, but as has already been said - as long as you have good communication with the customer - she can tell you what you can do or not.

I checked with my insurers before I started and they were fine about it; not a C.I.

I still got waxed right up until the birth of both my boys. It was a little bit of a struggle getting off the bed but other than that it was fine. I didn't want to go into labour with hairy bits lol! Oh and you obviously can't flip over onto your tummy for the backs of the legs.

I was also waxed the whole of both of my pregnancies with no problems! My way of dealing with legs is to have client standing up for back of legs! This is what I done :) I couldn't deal with not having them waxed lol!

could also just lie on side to get back of legs done more comfortanle and easy with roller wax x

could also just lie on side to get back of legs done more comfortanle and easy with roller wax x

Yeah that's a great idea too!

I did a bikini wax on a heavily pregnant lady once this isn't really relevent to your question but when I was doing one side I could actually see the baby move to the other side. For somebody who has never had children I thought it was amazing anyway just thought I'd share this lol :)

Latest posts

Back