Waxing pregnant ladies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzanne20f

Reaction score
Provided the pregnancy is normal, with no high blood pressure or other complications, how far along is safe to wax bikinis?

You always need to check this with your insurance provider, as to whether they are happy to cover you, but it's safe to wax up until the baby is due as long as there are no other complications.
Kt

My insurance company are pretty vague whenever I ask them anything, and usually say to follow what you were told in training.

I wax my clients right up to their due date. I lift the head of the bed so they're not lying flat, work super quick (I try not to have them lying down for more than about 15 mins), have a glass of water on hand for them, tell them to let me know at any point if they feel uncomfortable and get them to sit up for a few minutes after I'm done before they jump off the bed to make sure they don't get dizzy.

Hi, do you wax your pregnant ladies at around 12 weeks....would you say it's safe or to wait slightly longer. I know the skins going to be much more sensitive and may hurt more but am more interested in a medical ground.

There's no issues with waxing pregnant clients other than the positions you and them may need to get into! From 16 weeks it is not advised that they lay flat on their backs so if your bed can go up at one end slightly that can help. When doing the backs of their legs have them standing maybe, leaning over the couch on their knees or on each side...whatever is comfortable for you both x

Years ago we changed our insurance company from X over to Babtac for this very reason. I was unprepared to turn away my regular clients for no good reason (company X had very limited knowledge on the subject and were unable to give any good reason why they refused to cover from start to end of a healthy pregnancy). Babtac were quite the opposite, were/are very knowledgeable in the field and very supportive.
Exactly the same....never lie flat, wax back of legs standing up, check at every appointment that all is well and chat through first and I also observe for obvious changes visually too.

Latest posts

Back