Waxing Problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SUEM

Reaction score
Hi,
Wondered If Any Of The Geeks Do Beauty As I Have A Problem With My Roller Wax.
I Use The Clean'n'easy Roller Wax And Lately When I Have Applied It To The Leg And Went To Pull Off The Strip The Strip Is Empty And There Is A Build Up Of Wax Stuck To The Leg! Happens Mainly Around The Ankles. If Anyone Can Suggest What The Problem May Be I Would Be Very Grateful.

it sounds like the wax has cooled , i have heard a few reports about the clean and easy , not being too good (sorry ) if you go to babtac there is a lot of threads on waxing on there , hth

I think you are right Dee, Kelly uses it in the salon and if it is out of the heating unit for too long the wax gets very thick and gungey (sp?) and sort of drags on when you try to apply it rather than gliding on, to the point that one client complained it felt uncomfortable. She just replaces the wax units back in the heater when she is using the paper strips to keep it good 'n hot!!

Hiya Sue...I use Clean and Easy and the only time that this has happened to me is when the wax has cooled on the leg. Its a bit nippy out at the mo and sometimes if your client is a bit on the cold side, I find it can happen then.
FORTUNATELY it has only happened to a regular client, as Im sure I must have looked totally incompetent! :sad: Also make doubly sure that all moisture (ie..perspiration etc) is removed from the area. I apply a light dusting of talc prior to waxing legs etc.
I like the Clean and Easy, and find it to be very hygienic too....and yep, I do stick the cartridge back into the heater between sections. Even if you get the cartridge holder which claims to keep the wax warm without the need to return it, I still think you will benefit from popping it back in the heater. It has a tendency to cool quick, and it doesnt make any different which of their waxes you use in it. My fave at the moment is the Hemp as its pleasantly fragranced and has soothing properties too!
Hope this helps ya Sue!
xx

Yes Thanks For That, I Do Return The Catridge To The Heater Between Sections And I Use Australian Bodycare Pre Wax Wipes Beforehand. Maybe The Body Temp Of The Client Sometimes Cools The Wax Down Quickly As It Only Happens On Certain Clients, Maybe I Should Up The Temp Of The Wax Slightly?

have any of you tried sugaring where you massage sugar paste onto the skin, flick it off taking the hair with it, then reuse the paste on the next section of hair? There seem to be quite a few posts on waxing but nobody mentions sugaring. Once you've mastered the flick, its very easy, less messy and a lot more economical than waxing. And you can go over an area twice in each direction, removing more hair (including those stubborn shorties!!)

SUEM said:
Yes Thanks For That, I Do Return The Catridge To The Heater Between Sections And I Use Australian Bodycare Pre Wax Wipes Beforehand. Maybe The Body Temp Of The Client Sometimes Cools The Wax Down Quickly As It Only Happens On Certain Clients, Maybe I Should Up The Temp Of The Wax Slightly?
I have never operated my Clean and Easy Spa at the recommended temp as I feel its way too cool at that half way point. Somewhere between half way and Max is a much more optimal temperature in my opinion. I think it is also largely dependant upon your room temp too, so you will find when the climate improves (ohhhhh PLEASE hurry up and improve!!! :irked: ) then you can nudge it down a tad! I cant say I have anyone declare it to be too hot and it rolls out smoothly without clogging (too cool) or dripping all over the "shop" (too hot!!!)
Try upping the temp slightly Sue...I think that should do it....also check your client isnt too cold either.
Personally I love the Clean and Easy......

sugarbabe said:
have any of you tried sugaring where you massage sugar paste onto the skin, flick it off taking the hair with it, then reuse the paste on the next section of hair? There seem to be quite a few posts on waxing but nobody mentions sugaring. Once you've mastered the flick, its very easy, less messy and a lot more economical than waxing. And you can go over an area twice in each direction, removing more hair (including those stubborn shorties!!)
Hiya....how does the skin react after it?....Ive used cold strips in the past on myself and too be honest I got more of a reaction than when I warm wax! Is sugaring less irritating than those cold strips?
I also tried that NADS.....didnt like that either......I just believe the warmth of the wax opens the follicles slightly making the whole hair removal process less uncomfortable....Yes, wax cant be reapplied so I guess the stubborn short ones have to be tweezed, but I see that as the only downside.
But hey....I love learning new stuff so Im definitely up for being enlightened SugarBabe!
xxx

Hi, This problem can also happen if the area of skin you are waxing is very dry. Dry skin does not come off clean like other areas. Advise you clients to exfoliate and moisturize there skin regulary. Hope this helps

Sugaring is far more gentle - all natural sugar and water pastes, so no resins which can cause allergic reactions. You warm the paste to make it more pliable and massage it into the skin, the warmth, and gentle pressure from the massaging action encourages the paste to mould round the hair penetrating the pore so you get a better grip on the hair. Better grip = better hair removal even of the shortest hairs. The paste doesn't set hard like wax but remains soft/pliable so fewer problems with hair breakage, and you are never in danger of applying a product that is too hot because you have to stick your hand in the pot to get the paste in the first place!!

Because sugar is naturally antibacterial you don't have the same concerns with crosscontamination - although I am diligent about using scrubbing brush and antibacterial hand wash between clients. It is extremely easy to clean up if you do leave any paste on the skin (which is unlikely because you tend to dab as you go). The paste is water soluble so simply wipes off.

Paste doesn't dry the skin, you can treat the same area twice in each direction to remove the maximum amount of hair (although I tend to limit the treatment of bikini line and facial hair - its not always necessary to treat so many times as the rubbing in of the paste generally means all of the hair comes away first time).

Because you can remove shorter hair with sugaring, your customers don't have to spend so many weeks growing the hair between appointments, and obviously you are happier because they can come to see you more frequently!!!

A 1kg pot of paste costs about £5 half the price of the same amount of wax. I can make between £250 to £400 from a single pot. You don't have to use strips or spatulas, just a little bit of powder and skill! Once mastered sugaring is really satisfying and (i really don't want to incur the wrath of any waxing geeks - respect to you all but) I have many clients who have converted from waxing. Main reason given is better result and far less painful.

x

i am going to do the hand sugaring training hopefully soon , i have used the strip sugar and i love it :green: , they seem to rave about it in america ,cant wait to be able to do the hand sugaring (even though i bet it is hard to master !! )

haydenamzy said:
Hi, This problem can also happen if the area of skin you are waxing is very dry. Dry skin does not come off clean like other areas. Advise you clients to exfoliate and moisturize there skin regulary. Hope this helps
i agree, also i find if you stretch the ankle when applying and removing the wax helps as you only are applying a thin layer.

if you find the wax isn't coming off in the opposite direction of the hair growth and it is thick and stuck to the clients skin, try pressing the strip again against the wax but this time stroke firmly and pull in the direction of the hair growth....remembering to keep the skin taught....

if this fails you will need to use remover

HTH

Hi Dee

It's a great system - I've been practicing for about 7 years now, and have (informally) trained many. I have now set up my own training company and offer courses inhouse, through Capital Hair and Beauty, and from my own 'at home salon'!

Its so good to be able to pass on the skill - it really is an art, but once you've got it you'll never forget it (a bit like riding a bike!!)

Good luck with your course - who are you training with?

i have pm'ed you xx

Latest posts

Back