Waxing Problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ang100

Reaction score
Hi there can anyone help me, Iv been waxing for a while now but done an underarm wax yesterday which has gone red and a bit scabby today, is it my technique or could it be sensitive skin, i used cream tea tree wax. Any help would be appreciated. :)

I'm not sure, but it sounds like you have grazed the underarms. Did you hold the skin tought (sp). Apply oil before hand.
I only use hardwax for underarms. I cleanse and apply a tiny amount of jasmine oil. Stretch skin whilst applying wax and then stretch again when i pull. xx

I'm not sure, but it sounds like you have grazed the underarms. Did you hold the skin tought (sp). Apply oil before hand.
I only use hardwax for underarms. I cleanse and apply a tiny amount of jasmine oil. Stretch skin whilst applying wax and then stretch again when i pull. xx

This definately could be the case, although it could also be that the client is allergic to the wax you are using, is it a regular client?

Just to add that I can be waxed anywhere with strip wax - inc Brazilian but not under my arms. I can only have hot wax there or my underarms become sore, itchy and very red and this spreads to quite a wide area around where I actually have been waxed.

Yes client is a regular but i normally use honey wax, so could possibly be a reaction to the wax, I thought that the tea tree was better for sensitive skin but may need to invest in a double wax pot for both. I have trained in hot wax but still need a bit more practice before charging and doing more intimate areas.

Thanks for all advice, much appreciated :)

Ah didn't think of an allergy. I have an allergy to lavender wax, i forgot about that. I didn't think to ask what wax you used.
I use Euroblonde and Blue by Perron Rigot

Hi, i used the tea tree wax on the clients legs and they were fine but after an eyebrow wax her eyebrows were a bit itchy, i just put this doing to her having sensitive skin on face, but never though that it would have a reaction anywhere else as her legs were okay, may need to take this into consideration with other clients, thanks again for all the info. xx :)

Latest posts

Back