Waxing Re-Growth - Advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shan2107

Reaction score
Hi - I have recently waxed a clients legs and on the first go the results were fab - nice and smooth etc. On the second go I think I may have waxed them too short as they were very difficult to get out and I had an awful lot of tweezing on my hands! Next time I waited until there was a few weeks of growth (nice and long hairs) and I changed to a creme wax. Results much better - nice and silky legs - no tweezing etc.
However - one week later and there is re-growth in different patches. Why is this ? I know the frequency depends on hair growth but should she really need to get her legs waxed every fortnight? Will the growth patter slow down / thickness of the hairs improve? Thanks in advance

I would recommend to wax every 4 weeks and if the client comes regularly you will find that after 2 or 3 intervals the skin stays smooth and you get all the hair out without having to tweeze.

You will also find that the hair regrowth is much finer and thinner and after a while you might even find some "bold" patches where the hair doesnt grow back but as with everything its maintenance and keeping it up regularly. She should get about 7-10 "hairfree" before the hair grows back if the hair is removed correctly.

Was this her first leg wax? X

Was this her first leg wax? X

Yes it was her first leg wax - first time had great results - 2nd time rubbish - 3rd time better but still very fast growth

thankx:sad:

I would say let her grow them now for about 6 weeks if she can manage it. Just to get them all through and then it will be like starting again. If they all grow through quickly then I would still leave them after this for at least 4 weeks.
Then you should be back on track. By waxing them while they are short then this will mean that some grow through before others so your client will be coming back quicker. xxx

All clients are different, so aim for 4 weeks minimum, but you may find 5 weeks better.

All clients are different, so aim for 4 weeks minimum, but you may find 5 weeks better.[/QUO

Am I doing something wrong then as less than a fortnight later the hairs are noticibly back. She wouldnt be able to wait 4 weeks between waxing appointments as is currently unable to wear a skirt without you noticing the hairs!

Why is this - should she just stick to shaving?
Will waxing slow the hair growth down eventually?
Is it something I'm doing wrong, should I try a different type of wax? Im using hive gold T-Tree at the minute.

p.s. my other leg clients dont have the same problems .....

All clients are different, so aim for 4 weeks minimum, but you may find 5 weeks better.[/QUO

Am I doing something wrong then as less than a fortnight later the hairs are noticibly back. She wouldnt be able to wait 4 weeks between waxing appointments as is currently unable to wear a skirt without you noticing the hairs!

Why is this - should she just stick to shaving?
Will waxing slow the hair growth down eventually?
Is it something I'm doing wrong, should I try a different type of wax? Im using hive gold T-Tree at the minute.

p.s. my other leg clients dont have the same problems .....
What's happening is that your clients is having the hair removed (by whatever means) too soon. Start with four weeks and get her to leave it alone in-between appointments. You'll notice after a few appointments that she'll get a much cleaner wax without hair growing through at different rates. xx

Legs don't stay clear for that long remember even if they go 4 to 5 weeks between waxes they will probably after 2 to 3 weeks have some signs of growth(sooner with strong hair) they dont suddenly all sprout together overnight.So you are probably not doing anything wrong but she also needs to wait until they are all through otherwise you are dealing with two growths so two weeks inbetween would probably be too soon.

She may be someone thats not going to like waxing especially if she is young some people do not like to have to let them grow especially if they are dark its also not an ideal time to start waxing someone for the first time with the summer here as they will more often than not keep taking out the razor when they need to wear shorts etc. before any proper growth pattern has been established.If she cant wait because of summer suggest she carry on with her usual hair removal and then try again in autumn so by next summer the hair should be much weaker and regrowth longer between waxes.

Latest posts

Back