Waxing Salon A1 or A2 Business Use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nateice

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I have just spoken to my councils planning dept, very unhelpful!

I am trying to find out what business useage I would need to open a waxing salon? The person on the phone said that he thought it would come under beauty treatments but sounded like he did not know what he was talking about. He also told me that beauty treatments do not come under A1 or A2 usage and are a catagory by themselves.

Does anyone know any of the following:

a) What usage would I need for just a waxing salon?
b) What usage would I need for a beauty and waxing salon?

I would not be using any needles in my treatments, just basic beauty, manicures, facials e.t.c. I would also be selling retail products.

Many thanks xx

I can't remember off the top of my head which class it is but it would be the same for just waxing as for beauty. And its not classed as retail like hair is. X hope this helps a bit x

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Hi Sally

Thank you for your response, that does help a bit x

Planning for a beauty salon comes under the heading Sui Generis. Which actually means unique/cannot be compared. Don't know where this comes from and why can't they just say beauty salon. And yes I have found that most councils are very vague about it.:eek:

I can't remember off the top of my head which class it is but it would be the same for just waxing as for beauty. And its not classed as retail like hair is. X hope this helps a bit x

Sorry probably sound stupid, but why is hair classed as retail when both hair and beauty retail products?
Xoxo

Hi MJS

Thank you for your reply that is so helpful but why they can not speak in plain English is beyond me lol.

Much appreciated x

Hi MJS

Thank you for your reply that is so helpful but why they can not speak in plain English is beyond me lol.

Much appreciated x

They like to sound posh and possibly make business confusing to some that it puts them off. Its just like law with silly words, due dilleges is one I don't get haha xoxo

Sorry probably sound stupid, but why is hair classed as retail when both hair and beauty retail products?
Xoxo

Apparently because hair performed on the shop floor, eg not in a room and the shop is open plan it is classed as retail, like a shop would but because beauty is done behind closed doors it is not classed as retail, the only way round this to prove that you use more of your square footage for retail and the majority of your takings come from products and not beauty treatments. X

Latest posts

Back