Waxing sweaty people

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tingle

Reaction score
Hiya

Not the nicest of titles I know!

I did an eyebrow wax tonight and it was quite stuffy in my room. The lady was sweating a bit (she was a bit nervous aswell) and the hair would not come out!!

I was using my usual trusty wax and I have never had this happen.

I ended up cleansing twice as I thought I had put too much oil on but I came to the conclusion that the sweat was somehow making it too slidey for the wax to stick to the hair.

What would you do?

I ended up doing very small sections and then very short pulls if that makes sense.

It took me a lot longer than it should have done.

What would you have done??

Does sweat have this effect and what can you do about it?
(I couldn't really open the window)

So just looking for a bit of advice or maybe where I was going wrong in case it happens with other parts of the body such as underarms.

She still left with nice eyebrows :)

Thanks for any help

Lisa

You don't HAVE to apply oil. If the skin is oily or sweaty, don't bother. Blot the area with a tissue and immediately apply the wax. Well done on her leaving with wonderful brows. xxx

Hi Lisa, I think you did the right thing by cleansing again. You can always put talc on to soak up any sweat and the help prevent bruising xx

Oh no completely forgot about using talc!!

I have just had one of those days. Brain not engaging !!

Thanks for your help.

I have been having such good results using the oil first that I didnt give it a second thought. I just applied it as usual.

Thank you for your replies. I will go to bed happy now!!

Thanks again!!!

Lisa

sorry not a wax geek but just thought i would ask....would having a fan blowing help with this...??

sorry not a wax geek but just thought i would ask....would having a fan blowing help with this...??

Not really Angie as this could make the wax set before it reaches the skin. xxx

Yes just use good old talc.I always used to talc before coming on here and reading about oil ,now i mainly oil but i still have my talc handy for those who perspire readily, usually underarms and upperlips.
Some people do it very quickly even after you have wiped,probably nerves. Some menopausal ladies are almost constantly clammy.So a bit of talc helps a lot.

Latest posts

Back