Waxing thighs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma/tenerife

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips on waxing the upper leg? i sometimes find it hard to pull the skin thought,especially on the inner thigh.Is there a particular area or direction that i should be pulling in??

This is quite a fleshy area on most people,
you can always get your client to help you,
guide their hand to where you want it and give verbal instructions too so they understand how you want them to help, hth :hug:

For the inner thigh, have the leg in the bikini wax position and if you have it, use non strip wax. You can stretch from underneath, or ask the client to stretch from underneath.

To wax the back of the thigh, with the client lying on their back, ask them to lift their knee up to their chest - this creates a good stretch in the back of the thigh.

Have your client bend their knee and turn their leg out to the side. Apply the strip wax as thinly as possible down and over the inner thigh. Starting from the bottom upwards, remove the wax across the entire bottom, working your way upwards in small pieces. All the time, support and stretch the skin from below.

For a much easier job, use non strip wax. xxx

so do most of you prefer to use non strip wax then? i was only tought to use the soft wax so am abit nervous of the harder wax getting too hot.Is there a possibilty of that?

I use non strip wax, find it quicker. If you use a cream wax its a lot better I find. I first do the tops of the thigh, which I apply wax towards toes and remove against hair growth as usual. Then I do the outer thigh area where I apply the wax downwards, sometimes downwards diaganally dependent on where the hair grows. I then remove that.

To do inner thigh I get the client to put there leg on a figure 4 so there knees bent and out, so it completly opens up the area. I apply wax inwards then to remove I work from knee - upwards to remove and use my fingers to pull the flesh taught under the thigh.

Once I have done the front I apply lotion so the client dosnt stick to the couch, then I apply wax with hair growth which is usually inwards again. Get the client to keep there legs ever so slightly apart so you can again use your tips of your fingers to keep the skin taught.

Practice always makes perfect!!! Took me a few waxes to get the hang of the different angles, hair directions and where to support the skin etc!

Kate

so do most of you prefer to use non strip wax then? i was only tought to use the soft wax so am abit nervous of the harder wax getting too hot.Is there a possibilty of that?

If you haven't been taught to use non strip wax I would suggest that you get some training before attempting it. It's a different animal altogether! It wouldn't really be fair on your client to try something you're not qualified/competent to do. There's also the issue of insurance...

It can be so much kinder to the skin, the non strip wax i use works at a low temp so i dont need to worry about it getting too hot, (i do still test temp) hth :hug:

Latest posts

Back