Waxing which is the best product to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would highly recommend learning the ancient art of suagring over waxing any day. The number of clients I have who have had waxing done and come to me for sugaring and much prefer it is very high.

I would highly recommend learning the ancient art of suagring over waxing any day. The number of clients I have who have had waxing done and come to me for sugaring and much prefer it is very high.

I find sugaring more painful and so have some of my clients.This is only my opinion though and Im sure some dont find it painful,I hate being threaded as well,that was extremely painful imo:eek:.

I also think given that waxing is as popular as it is that clients are generally very happy with it.The results are the same after all,it's each to their own but we are very busy with waxing so guess clients are happy.

I had a choice at college of doing sugaring or hot waxing(we had to do warm waxing but also had to do another form of epilation)I chose the hot waxing as thought it would be an assett.I can hand on heart say I have only ever been asked about 3 times if we do sugaring,in all the years as a therapist,if I were asked more then I would consider taking a course in it,but at present cannot justify it.

I'm trained in both waxing (hard and soft) and sugaring (strip and hand sugaring) and like Babs I can honestly say I find both give the same results with the same degree of comfort/discomfort. I prefer waxing myself, but I love hand sugaring for it's natural properties and ease of clean-up, and I also find it quite therapeutic to use, lol :lol:

Great that your clients prefer sugaring, but I really do think it comes down to the skill of the therapist at the end of the day rather than the choice of wax versus sugar. :hug:

Andy x

i've had nothing but good experience with sugaring. guess its down to personal experience at the end of the day

may i ask who you trained with for sugaring? just out of interest

may i ask who you trained with for sugaring? just out of interest

I initially did it as part of my beauty NVQ and then did another course with Sukar as I wanted to really hone my skills. You're absolutely right about it being down to personal experience, and it's great that there is the choice out there for us and our clients!

Latest posts

Back