Waxing???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, as you get older, your hair on your body does deplete. You just get hair growth in different areas like your chin :D
You young ones out there haven't experienced this yet but leg hair and other areas do thin out and slow down and go grey.
And I do find that waxing vs. shaving my legs does last longer between hair growth.

I for one was told that waxing will deter hair growth because you are removing the hair from the follicle..I never did experience the depletion of lip hair but it did come in slower.
Actually JD I wasn't referring to our hair becoming less as we get older and yes I do know this.The thread is about waxing and not about hair depleting as we get older, which it does in certain areas but not all(i.e the lip and chin)

Waxing does last longer than shaving because the hair is being removed from the follicle not being CUT off,so the hair has further to travel,i.e through the layers of skin rather than just grow a little longer as it has to,when shaved.(Have tried to simplify this for you as know your not a skin geek)

Also the hair will feel softer and grow through tapered rather than have a blunt,spikey feel as is experienced when shaving.

Hair does not always stop growing from waxing but yes follicles can be damaged and yes they can become less and sometimes not (as we waxers all have clients who have been having waxing done forever with no less hairs than when they started)Thankfully though, most do see a decrease but I still think it's misleading to say to our clients that they will stop growing as this is misleading.HTH

Apparently, because our hormone production changes as we age, this in turn affects our hair growth, normally reducing it. This effect, combined with regular waxing over a long period of time can make it appear that we have no or minimal hair growth. but I think the key words are 'old' and 'hormones'.

Babs~ I was referring to this statement. I realize that I am not a skin geek but sometimes others experiences can help you out in your inquiries.
My apologies for interrupting your thread.

Babs~ I was referring to this statement. I realize that I am not a skin geek but sometimes others experiences can help you out in your inquiries.
My apologies for interrupting your thread.
Not interupting it at all:hug: but was just explaing it in laymans terms because I knew you weren't a skin geek,as I would like laymans terms if it were a hair thread reply to me, as I am not a hair geek.Well not the type on the head anyway.

I enjoy reading others experiences dont misunderstand me,it's just sometimes geeks do misunderstand what the thread is about and it wasn't about hair depleting through old age but as a direct result of waxing(which as mentioned it can do)

Anyway,dont take it to heart hun,you weren't interupting as mentioned,just saying what you thought,which we are all entitled to do.x

Latest posts

Back