Waxperts wax temperature help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaisyMouse

Reaction score
I love this wax but so far im struggling to get the setting right with my hive 1000cc wax pot. I know you have to heat it gently but im finding it all bitty? I have it set at 3. What settings do you have it at?

Thanks do you warm up at 4 and leave set at 4, or turn it down?

I love this wax but so far im struggling to get the setting right with my hive 1000cc wax pot. I know you have to heat it gently but im finding it all bitty? I have it set at 3. What settings do you have it at?

Hiya! It sounds like your wax has been overheated by either heating up at a higher temp of left sitting in the waxpot without being used for a long time. 3 on a hive heater is normally ok but all heaters vary. I always go by the consistency of my wax rather than a dial on my pot. The hot wax should only feel warm never hot when being applied, so you should never need to have it up at a high temp. I hope that helps! :)

Thanks, its never been on ahigh heat as i was told not to do this but i do have it on sometimes all day 😟

Thanks, its never been on ahigh heat as i was told not to do this but i do have it on sometimes all day 😟

If it's left on throughout the day when you don't have ALOT of waxing booked in that could be the cause. I have a hive heater and a Deo digital at home and I find that if the wax is left 'idle' in the heater for a few hours, the bottom layer of wax that is sitting right on top of the heating element in the waxpot will be way over cooked, making the wax kinda porridge-y. I can still use the wax but I find it more difficult to apply the wax thinly for when I'm working on the face.

I hope that helps! :)

I always go by the consistency of my wax rather than a dial on my pot.
I couldn't agree more! It's so important to know ones products and know just by looking at your wax if it's the correct temperature or not.

Latest posts

Back