Ways into the hair industry if you're 30?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Everyone, what a great surprise : I had a chat with a lady 73 who has a salon but now has a lady managing it who has been working in the salon since she was 13. The owner said it was lovely to talk to me and would like me to go and see her for a possible hair salon placement, I told her I don't want paying as the skills im learning are my wages. So today im really feeling uplifted I will keep you all posted thank you.xx
Yey, well done you'll love it once you get going![emoji4][emoji106]xxx

Hey guys thanks for the support and comments and 6 months later and I have completed HAIRDRESSING NVQ LEVEL 2 at Waltham College now admittedly I have practice to do but I did it

But now what???? I feel abit lost tbh lol
I have a friend who's partner bout a salon but neither of them have any training in either hair or beauty they want me to work there under a 40/60 basis and help get the salon off the ground I see a big opportunity but at the same time it's a lot of work to only be paid for the hairdressing the shop needs refitting and restocking it's a lot but it could work in my favour I have skills I just need the practice that be in a salon provides yes I'd be the only stylist but as long as I stick to what I'm good at and practice and keep standards high I'm sure I could basically be assistant manager if this works out what do u think?

I think sticking to what your good at is a good idea.What's the worst that can happen?- if you get a bad reputation for messing someone's hair up you might have difficulty finding new custom or even worst you could be sued.

You could hire a more experienced stylist who can mentor you.

Wow congratulations! You've been busy! ;)
If you think you can do it go for it, opportunities like that don't come by very often.
But you 100% need more education you should be booking more courses ( you know the basics now you need to perfect them.)
A colour course in the colour house you will use will be essential.
I agree with Laura you'll need an experienced stylist to work with too.
Best wishes

Latest posts

Back