We lost our dog today

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazmine

Reaction score
A long story short, my partner and his Ex had a dog-Stella. When they split Stella went to live with Ex's parents as they at the time had a lot more outdoor space than we or his Ex could offer.

We have had Stel for holidays ever since. She's our 'access' dog.
This morning I got the phone call that she'd been taking to the vet, seemed to pick up but died of liver failure during the night. We can only assume she's eaten something she was unable to digest.

She will be missed terribly and the reality hasn't yet hit my partner and it will be awful when it does. She was only 4.

Our consultations are that she came to visit in early April for the weekend and was bright happy and fantastically happy . last year we had one of her pups. Who hasn't left her daddy's side since he heard the news. It's amazing feelings they pick up on. To anyone who's lost a companion I feel your pain. To those who still have their best friends enjoy every annoying bark, sloppy lick and wag of the tail.

It doesn't take long for a dog to become part of the family and they leave an awfully big hole in your heart when there gone x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367788470.140494.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367788470.140494.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 94
Ah bless she was a gorgeous dog , I know how you feel it is easy for pets to become part if the family , I have two cats now .
It's hard when they go my last cat was run over and it's so sad , hope you are ok Xxx

So so so sorry to hear about your loss. Dogs are part of the family so I can only imagine what you are going through. Stay strong, I am thinking of you.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Thanks :) I'm ok. Upset that we won't have her again but more worried for Garry :-0

His brother lost his dig aged 3 last week-similar thing healthy young dog one minute, a day later carried in from fields (working sheep dogs) next day gone. It's shocking. Ah that's my worry we've had cats and been fortunate never to have one lost in those circumstances. Eileen is Stella's puppy and she is ver much treasured and behave so much like Stel-thankfully x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367789656.531865.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367789656.531865.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 55
Just wanted to send hugs to you. Animals break our hearts but the love and companionship we get from them eventually makes us know the pain is worth it xxx

Oh gosh, this is one of my worst nightmares! Im so sorry for your loss, hope you are all ok :'( how lovely u have one of her pups! Xx

Sending hugs too! They become such a part of the family! Give the pup an extra hug tonight :)

I feel for you as it's very sad.
We lost our big lad last week due to old age & miss him so much.

I feel for you as it's very sad.
We lost our big lad last week due to old age & miss him so much.

Thanks everyone. It's like non pet owners wonder why you feel such a loss but they are like friends, children and companions. You can't beat a dog!

Thanks :) I'm ok. Upset that we won't have her again but more worried for Garry :-0

His brother lost his dig aged 3 last week-similar thing healthy young dog one minute, a day later carried in from fields (working sheep dogs) next day gone. It's shocking. Ah that's my worry we've had cats and been fortunate never to have one lost in those circumstances. Eileen is Stella's puppy and she is ver much treasured and behave so much like Stel-thankfully x

Atleast you have Eileen which reminds you of Stella. That must be comforting for you. I'm sorry again, loosing a pet is truly sad.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Sending you hugs. It's really hard to say goodbye, especially when so unexpected. xx

Im soooo sorry for your loss...i have a 2yr old dog and i know how quickly they become so much part of the family ... hugs to you x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek

So sorry to hear that, poor Stella :-(

Latest posts

Back