Weak, thin nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

innocence

Reaction score
I've recently qualified as a nail tech so I'm trying to learn all the ropes.
I'm not a nail bitter but recently my nails have snapped to the point of being so short that there is no free edge and short nail bed,
My friend had the same issues though she was a nail bitter but has been growing them this year, however she has the same issue as soon as a free edge grows it snaps so easily.
Looking at both our ours they're both weak and thin... I have cuccio hard gel and harmony acrylic system in my kit but what is best to use or do to improve our nails?

I'm thinking you should try IBX - have a peek at the thread on here. Magic stuff which I can only assume has been concocted by nail wizards

Thank you.
I will look fully when I'm home.
If possible someone explain the steps? I only have hard gel and acrylics right now as it not got the money or resources to fully start up and only have a uv lamp but I'm slowly getting bits together

I would really recommend using cnd solar oil 2-3 times a day.

My nails used to be weak and splitting and peeling and after using solar oil religiously for just 3 weeks I noticed a huuuge difference! My nails grew so much that I was constantly being asked if I had gel or acrylics on! And they felt pretty strong too and not peeling at all, I couldn't get over it so I recommend it to all my clients now and they all seem to have great results from it! :)

Also look are why your nails are thin and breaking...did you practice on your own nails and have they perhaps been over filed and buffed too thin? This happens quite often during training.

Pure- I don't think that is the case. They've always been thin and I practiced on my left hand not my right whilst I was training as I found it difficult and both hands are on the same condition nail wise.

The nail bed itself looks fine, but it's just as they grow enough for a free edge they are weak and thin. One snapped this morning so bad it's as if it's been bitten down.

I recently took acrylics off, as I was shown too and I went over everything in my guide and filed down slightly but left enough on not to touch my natural nails and soaked off with cuccio nail tip remover with cotton balls and foul, left for 10-15mins and scraped off the loose parts, and followed up with Cuccio cuticle oil and some hand and nail cream thn later did a stand polish on them but this morning they just broke.

I am looking at switching to harmony products though as we had these of on our course and found it easier to work with but our kits are mainly cuccio

Thank you.
I will look fully when I'm home.
If possible someone explain the steps? I only have hard gel and acrylics right now as it not got the money or resources to fully start up and only have a uv lamp but I'm slowly getting bits together

IBX is nothing like 'gel' or 'L&P' Go to www.ibxnails;com for all details, but in short: IBX contains jojoba oil, avocado oil and methacrylates. to use it you need a UVilight-source (any will do, a LED lamp or a UV lamp) and a heat source (that can be a standard 100 watt bulb or a nail polish dryer with heat function or even a hairdryer or an infrared lamp (in that case stay far away with your finger from your heat source!). AN IBX duo pack hold 2 bottles: IBX and Repair. You can never use repair without IBX. Always start with repair (if needed). You "need" repair is you nails are damaged (pulling of enhncements, over filing, delamination of the free edge, white spots and when you will finish the nails with a gel polish, you always start with repair. Use very little and stay away from the skin. Heat 1min. Dab do remove excess product. Cure in your lamp of choice. Use cleanser to remove tacky layer. Then apply IBX, IBX is the strenght of the system, if your nails are just natural thin and weak, not damaged and you don't wear gelpolish, you only need IBX and no repair! Same thing here, use little and avoid skin. ( If this is your clients first IBX treatment you now apply IBX with a heating time of 4 minutes, then dab, cure and cleanse) Apply IBX with a heating time of 2 minutes, dab, cure and cleanse. So for the very first treatment you will apply 3 times the product with 1 - 4 -2 minutes heating time. Following treatments or depending of the situation, with Repair: 1 - 2 min. or without Repair, only IBX for 2 minutes.
I hope this helped?

Thank you Conny.
Knowing my uv lamp will work is a big help and also that I can just use it on a natural nail what I think I will do until I get used to it.
Hopefully payday is good to me this month

Latest posts

Back