Website images

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemster

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

My website is nearly finished and I was planning on adding a few stock images but, having had a look at what's available, I just can't seem to find anything that fits in with the overall 'image' of my site (if that makes sense!).

As I'm only just starting out I don't have any images of my own work so that's not really an option at the minute.

I'm a bit stuck as I really do feel that the text needs breaking up a little, so was wondering if you lovely people would have a look at my site and let me know what you think?

www.naava.co.uk

Thank you!!

It looks very classy!
I bought some images from Fotolia. I bought some credits cheap from Ebay as well. You could search by all sorts of keywords to find what you needs.

I really like that site. On first looking I don't miss the images but I can imagine that the more you look at it the more you'd want them (have just completed redoing mine in a totally different style to allow for images because my other one looked 'flat' to me). I wouldn't worry about getting them immediately though, keep looking for what you want rather than settling for something and don't forget to take pics of your own work as well, they're always the best to promote you, maybe use Brand Logos in the interim?

One comment though - my word but you cover a HUUUUUUGGGEEEE area!! You might need to think of a minimum charge for call outs or have it graded to within an x mile radius and outside of this travel charges apply.

Having lived in Kent for a number of years you could spend an awful lot of time travelling for not a lot of £.

xx

It looks very classy!
I bought some images from Fotolia. I bought some credits cheap from Ebay as well. You could search by all sorts of keywords to find what you needs.

Thanks Sammy, I'm v proud of it lol. I haven't actually looked on Fotolia, will see what I can find xx

I really like that site. On first looking I don't miss the images but I can imagine that the more you look at it the more you'd want them (have just completed redoing mine in a totally different style to allow for images because my other one looked 'flat' to me). I wouldn't worry about getting them immediately though, keep looking for what you want rather than settling for something and don't forget to take pics of your own work as well, they're always the best to promote you, maybe use Brand Logos in the interim?

One comment though - my word but you cover a HUUUUUUGGGEEEE area!! You might need to think of a minimum charge for call outs or have it graded to within an x mile radius and outside of this travel charges apply.

Having lived in Kent for a number of years you could spend an awful lot of time travelling for not a lot of £.

xx

Thank you Tracy, it's been a bit of a labour of love!

I didn't even think about brand logos tbh, fab idea, thank you. Will add these until I find some pics I just can't refuse!

Lol my area is massive but there is a reason for this. I live in mid Kent, my OH lives on the edge of Kent/south east London and my dad and all that side of my family live by the coast so I already have regular clients in each of these areas and I just stay at my OHs or my dad's after working these areas. My plan is to try and book any newbies in when I would normally be in the area, as my regulars are all family friends so pretty flexible...although I know the best plans don't always work out :). I am really trying to keep my options open at the minute as I'm just starting out but will review the situation in a few months xx

Thanks Ruth, I will have to knuckle down and look through these sites properly...I think I had lost all website related will when I posted! xx

A brill looking site hun, I don't miss the Images. I live the names you have given for the wedding packages and the holiday packages. The girl night in packages are really good - I remember a few night's in with my girls & us trying a few of them and failing lol. 

# love the name not live 

i really like your site, but i think you may have the prices for indian head and stone massage the wrong way round?

Thanks Leely, I was obviously having a (rare) creative moment when I came up with my package names lol.

Ah I did beauti-licious, thanks for spotting that!

xx

Latest posts

Back