Website Problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkPotions

Reaction score
I'm struggling to get my site recognised by google I've read previous posts but I think theres something wrong!

I used to come at the top of the google list but then I changed the name of my website with the same company and now it doesn't recognise it at all!

Not even if i type in the full name of the website into google, it just says no matches found.....

I don't know if something has gone wrong when I changed the name but that was 5 months ago now surely it wouldn't take that long???

Also when I update the website I can see it fine with the changes but if I log into my hubby's laptop it's all messed up with different changes made in different dates and basicly one big mish mash!

If anyone could give some advice that would be great x

oops forgot the link for the smart people that know what they're looking for NYLA BEAUTY - HOME who knows what version you'll get though as i edited it this morning

Last edited:
Hi hun just had a look at your site looks good to me xxx

It just aint showing on search engines and I dunno why cos it used to until I changed the name and now it's as if it doesn't exist.....

just had a look, looks nice :)

My website doesnt show up either, only in a link thru Gumtree or some other advertising link, have you gone from a .com to .co.uk ?...that sometimes makes the difference...x

Well i typed nyla beauty into google and you are right - your web site isnt coming up.

What did you web host company say? I know that it can take a while for any site changes to register with the search engines so it may just take a while to upload to them.

Nice site by the way x x x

They have ignored my emails!

The change of name was 5 months ago i have never known or heard of it to take this long to make the changes with Google.

& I've never known of some browsers seeing changes to a website and others not for the actual content problems???

Mr Site is normally really good on the google results.

It's so weird......

Not being found on the search engines is my biggest gripe as no-one will find me!

They have ignored my emails!

The change of name was 5 months ago i have never known or heard of it to take this long to make the changes with Google.

& I've never known of some browsers seeing changes to a website and others not for the actual content problems???

Mr Site is normally really good on the google results.

It's so weird......

Not being found on the search engines is my biggest gripe as no-one will find me!

Thats not good :confused:

I know when I had queries on this type of thing my hosting company responded within 24 hours.

Have you checked your meta tags (I think that is what they are called) to see if they have been deleted?

Just tryed to google your page and all that came up was the link from salon geek. However your site does look good, hope you get it sorted out. Do you find the Mr Site packages any good and are they easy to update.

Hi here's some tips for you that I did when getting our Website live.

1. Put your URL everywhere.
These days, your URL—or Uniform Resource Locator, also known as your Web site's address—is as important as your telephone number. Make sure people know where to find you online by including your URL on:
  • Business cards, letterhead, envelopes, mailing labels
  • Packaging, catalogs, statements, invoices
  • Advertising, press releases, brochures, even shopping bags
Some businesses also print their URL on giveaways—t-shirts, hats, bumper stickers, and pens. Clothing-maker Joe Boxer even weaves the company's URL into the waistband of its garments.

2. Add your business to search engines.
List your site in the major search engines, and take the time to index your site with keywords that accurately describe your business. One benefit of using an integrated e-business service, like Bigstep.com, is that these services submit your site to search engines for you, based on your individual business needs.
A cautionary note: Not long ago, when there were just a few thousand Web sites, listing your business with search engines was enough to attract regular traffic. However, not anymore. With millions of Web sites, chances are your long-term customers won't come from the ranks of the curious Web surfer, but rather from your continuing efforts to promote your site.

3. Create an emailing list.
Add a form to your site so visitors can drop their name in your business's "digital fish bowl." Make them part of your mailing list and send them periodic email publicizing special offers, bargains, and new merchandise or services. A few caveats, however:
  • Make it easy for people to "unsubscribe" from your mailing lists.
  • Only send email when you have something valuable to offer or say.
  • Keep the length of your emails to two screens—less, if possible—and include links back to your Web site for more information. Keep in mind, many people skim email messages.
4. Purchase email lists.
Many vendors sell email lists, targeting a variety of audiences. Purchase a sample list, draft an appropriate email message, and give the audience an incentive to "click through" to your site. Then, based on the response rate, determine if the cost of acquiring that customer was worth the investment. These new customers can be added to your database for future communication.

People should never receive your email in an unsolicited fashion. Make sure they really want to hear from you. Work only with list vendors who provide "opt-in" mailing lists.

5. Create a regular e-newsletter.
It should be short, lively, and full of valuable information. Some content ideas include:
  • Links to new content on your site
  • Special offers on products and services and how to order
  • Articles on any new products or services
  • News on your business' recent accomplishments and other important happenings
  • Bonus articles from relevant sites or publications
  • Information on how to "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" to the newsletter
Providing an e-newsletter is an instant customer database builder. Moreover, integrated e-business services offer easy-to-use e-newsletter tools, creating them on your own is quick and straightforward.

6. Run fun contests or other promotions.
Contests can be as simple as asking people to fill in a form on your site with their name and email address so they can win a product or service in a random drawing. You can attract significant attention by running a promotion that is fun and promotes your products and services.
Before you organize any contest, check into the legal ramifications of publishing it on the Web. By putting your contest on the Web, you make it available to visitors worldwide, which may make your contest subject to certain laws.

7. Establish reciprocal links and banner exchanges with complementary sites.
Use search engines to find other Web sites that you think your site visitors would find valuable. Then, send email offering to link to those sites, and requesting that they link to you in exchange. You also might consider a banner exchange. Banner ads are the most frequently used advertising method on the Web. Most advertisers pay thousands of dollars to display a banner, but by becoming a member of an exchange, you can advertise at countless member Web sites without spending a cent.

Also don't bother with Google Adwords or such like, they really are a rip off for what they achieve. Also try a submit your Site to something like these guys: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Marketing Firm & Placement Company They do work!

Email me directly and I'll send you a great ebook written by my very smart friend, Sharon. It will cost you nothing but TIME and I mean lots of TIME! I have found that Social Networks have really helped me get to Number ONE on Google and more.

I have to say this: I found Brownbook.net on this site and cannot tell you what my profile on Brownbook has done for me in more ways than one. The guys who founded it are First-Class all the way and they have a great product. I did pay for an enhanced listing but ts was super cheap ($20 US dollars)

There are tons and tons of freebie sites to list your site on that have also contributed to my success in my website's SEO. I could list them here or you can just email me and I'll share. I imagine that most of them work all over the world but I am sorry but I don't know much about that. I can only say that I have a list of a ton of freebies and they worked for me!

Hugs, kelly

Hiya

I typed "nyla waxing" into google and you came out at the top!

Jenni
x

Well what ever you did yesterday worked as you are now showing on all google searches.

I went to: Add your URL to Google and added my website

It wasn't working this morning but is working now.

Cool, thanks all xxx

Latest posts

Back