websites templates???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katherineiv

Reaction score
Hi, i know there is lots about this on here..... but can any of you tell me if would be good idea to buy a template for a website?

I have been looking at site makers but cant find what i like and hate the way my site looks

Seen a template i like but dont know what to do after if made it....would love lots of traffic of course!

Have any of you done this??

I am in the website creation myself right now as my freewebs site was just not cutting it for me!

I think that if you are to buy your template, make sure you get it from a creator that offers you exclusivity rights. If it is not an exclusive template, then I think you should just search the web for a free one. If your going to invest in it, then it should at least be reserved only to you. There are so many free templates, but I also could not find exactly what I was looking for, so instead I just created one from scratch! the navigation buttons, the background...everything custom made, but that is such hard work. I have been playing with it for more than 6 months now!

If you found a great template, then I would suggest to go ahead and buy it, but do get informed about the rights you have on it.

good luck:wink2:

thanks for that.....have you finished it now, would love a look?:lol:

Mine is with...(edited~ please no slandering of other companies) and may i say sorry if any of you with them ...they are crap!!!! had no people call through them and web site is pants so thats why looking for a good one.

Some may say that I'm biased....and I am for obvious reasons. :)

However, I wouldnt like to see anyone splash out money thinking that they're going to get a fab bling new website by purchasing one of these website templates. These templates require a good deal of HTML knowledge in order to get them to the website stage. It is far from straightforward but dont take my word for it, consult a knowledgeable friend.

re prices? Paying for the basic template in most cases entitles you to use the template or parts of it as you see fit. In most cases, a basic template license can cost between £30 to about £60. If you want to be the only one in the world with that template, you'll need to purchase a unique license, this can cost up to £1,000, sometimes many times that. Please remember, as I said initially, you will STILL need to get someone to add your content unless you're capable of editing HTML yourself.

HTH

Thanks seanny.. my brother in law works with pc so said he will help, but i just get very confused with it all lol :confused:

Also for my site being edited..... I think people should know that this company charged me £100 to start then was going to be £12 a month but i complained when i got my imformation through as not got what they said.
The lady said on the phone to get me to buy that was going to get loads of things which wasnt going to happen, good for me it was recorded so manager listened to it and didnt have to pay the £12 a month just the £100.

my site isnt as good as thought would be and ive never had a call through this company.

The company was on watch dog a while ago as taking money out of accounts without consent.... they did this to me twice!!!

I think others should know how not very good they are.

Hi Katherine, just in answer to some points you've made.

I would urge you to ask your brother in law to have a look at some of these templates before you purchase one. If you know anyone else who has already purchased one, ask them can you have a quick look at it and the underlying code. I bought some of these templates a couple of years ago and I found it quite difficult to add the content and make the site look right, I gave up in the end. Unfortunately, I've since deleted all the templates that I bought so I cant show you them.

re paying maintenance for updating your site (if that's what you're talking about with the £12) Most webmasters and/or editing companies will charge for making changes to your site. You're paying for their time and expertise in the same way that clients pay a nail technician for a rebalance. Always check with your webmaster before committing yourself when getting a new site built about these things.

re your present site, you probably wont want to hear this hun, but your site has been well made as far as it being search engine friendly. I've ran it through the search engine simulator and it passed with flying colours. All the content and links are fully available to the search engines when they come visiting.

It does, however, need to be optimized for those search engines. I've provided some helpful info both here in Geek and in the help section of The Nail Directory on how to do exactly that. If you're unhappy with your present design though, well that's another matter.

I wish you luck with whatever you decide to do.

Latest posts

Back