Wedding nails cancelled, annoyed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarasparkles201

Reaction score
Hi all i have not long gone self employed and had a bride the other night for hen night nails, she then booked for two weeks later for herself and 3 bridesmaids for the wedding.

Was worth alot to me but last night she decided she wanted natural nails as she was having a vintage look, im annoyed over it as it was a good booking for me, i am now thinking of asking for a deposit in future for weddings but not sure how to word this for my website.

This happened to me a few weeks ago, whole wedding party cancelled night before, now I will always take a deposit!

Its not nice, but i think im going to have say i will need a deposit and it to be non refundable as well x

That's what I do have done from the start less likely to cancel or waste your time then and if they do cancel uve got something for it rather then a free nite.

I think it's more than fair to ask for a deposit for group bookings x

I think it's more than fair to ask for a deposit for group bookings x
It is. It's fair to ask for a deposit for single bookings as well. It's part of the fine print on my consultation forms. :)

It's something i am now going to bring in, it lost me a lot of money and as im just starting out, i could of done without it x

Every other vendor brides contract with require deposits, and in most cases here in the US, full payment before the day. Why should we be any different than the florist or baker?

That is very true, lesson learnt here i think, and its something i will bring in immediately .

Do not want that happening again

Deposits for group bookings is a must I think. Just out of interest, how much notice did the bride give you? Xx

Omg girl I hear you! Same thing happened to me a few year ago repeatedly. One time I turned another party down because I was all booked up. What happened? The bride who was gonna pay for it all said she was broke grrrr. Ever since then deposits on group partys.

I just say now that deposits are required for appointments over x amount and for group bookings x

i take deposits for anything bridal related. then i require full payment 7 days before their final appointment.

No one has every complained , and i say, I take full payment before your big day, because on the day of your wedding (i do a lot of wedding make up) the last thign you want to do is be searching for your purse etc. I also tel them that unless they have paid, their booking is not secured.

tigi
xx

Last edited:
Deposits for group bookings is a must I think. Just out of interest, how much notice did the bride give you? Xx

She messaged me on fb the night before, i would rather she had phoned me if she couldnt afford to do it, i would of understood that and these things happen.

But as yet i have not seen her to speak to.

yup i would also do deposit required and non refundable unless ( x ) amount of notice xx

That's what i'm going to do ladies.

Best bit is i have seen her tonight and she is sporting a gel french with not a nice free edge , i guess that's business.:irked:

Omg this happened to me too a few weeks ago ! I booked the full Saturday out for this particular wedding party , leaving my other clients who normally come on Saturdays to another day (Friday before) was working my bum off on the Friday day before started at 8am and finish at stupid o clock ! And guess what ???? They canceled the whole lot of them left me fuming and in a right mess ! Never again without deposit for a ;0(
wedding party

Latest posts

Back