Weekend nails advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissJulesBeauty

Reaction score
Hello

I wonder if I can call of my fellow geeks to help me out. I have just taken a booking over the phone for four sets of weekend nails.

My problem is I am not entirely sure what there are lol... using a fellow geeks motto "Fake it til you make it" I went along with the lady who booked and murmered at the right times. My customers are children ages 8 & 9 and they are going to a party. From what I gather these nails are temp nails that only last a couple of days. Would they be full nails or tips? The childrens nails are going to be much smaller than normal - can you buy special full false nails for kiddies? Or am i way off the mark?

Can anyone give me some advice on this? I have a week to find out how to do them :)

Jules x

When I had mine done before I was a tech the girl glued on tips then just polished over them as their name suggests just lasted weekend and no real damage to nail

When I had mine done before I was a tech the girl glued on tips then just polished over them as their name suggests just lasted weekend and no real damage to nail

Okay Cool, Thank you! I might put just one coat of UV Top coat on them then, that should be okay shouldn't it.

Cheers for that x

Hi weekend nails are tips but need to be blended so thet are seemless before polish is applied. Never tried with uv top coat, maybe you would't need to blend but you would have to explain to your client how to buff it off. Good luck hth x

Hi don't know if this helps or not but I tried the same thing yesterday on someone who just wanted her polish to last a bit longer (not a child!) and the UV topcoat created a bad heat spike in the lamp. I then found out that you cant apply certain UV topcoats on natural nails/nail enamel but ONLY over gel (don't know about L&P). Would hate those little girls to suffer a heat spike so thought I should warn you. HTH xxx

Hi weekend nails are tips but need to be blended so thet are seemless before polish is applied. Never tried with uv top coat, maybe you would't need to blend but you would have to explain to your client how to buff it off. Good luck hth x

perfect! I will stick to the traditional method of filing xThank you so much!

Hi don't know if this helps or not but I tried the same thing yesterday on someone who just wanted her polish to last a bit longer (not a child!) and the UV topcoat created a bad heat spike in the lamp. I then found out that you cant apply certain UV topcoats on natural nails/nail enamel but ONLY over gel (don't know about L&P). Would hate those little girls to suffer a heat spike so thought I should warn you. HTH xxx

Aww bless you, thank you for this. I am going to stick to the traditional method of filing. The UV top coat I had in mind is designed to go over Nail polish on the natural nail. Though I know some are not.. appreciate the advise though xxx

So, can i just clarify this .. weekend nails are tips, blended, with nail polsih applied on top? How much would you charge for this? xx

I'm not saying this in a bitchy tone, only a curious one but are you happy to work on children, and does your insurance cover it? Xxx

Latest posts

Back