Weird reaction to hot wax Brazillian

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherp

Reaction score
Hi peeps

I waxed a regular lash client before her trip to New Zealand.

I used Peron Rigot hot wax to carry out lip wax and brazillian.

She was away for a month and came back to her usual lash appointment this week to say her lip was fine but her bikini came out in white spots. She said it wasn't painful just didnt look nice.

This was the first time I had waxed her, she normally goes to a friend who uses strip was. She was very nice about it and said it was the most pain free wax she had ever had and that her skin does tend to be sensitive so not to worry.

I've been doing intimate wax for a couple of years now, am very careful with regards to application, holding skin tight, correct removal etc and have never ever had a problem of this kind. Ive use Peron Rigot pre wax solution and post wax jasmine oil and I also give them some aloe vera calming gel to apply.

If it had been an allergic reaction, wouldnt she have suffered in her lip area as well??

White spots can sometimes be a reaction to hair follicle being removed. Given this it could be a sign that hot wax method has worked better than strip wax ever has for this person?

An allergic reaction is much more likely to come out as inflammed / sore skin then white spots.

Maybe the wax was much more thorough then her skin is usually used, maybe she didn't exfoliate regularly post treatment - there could be lots of explanations.

Either way just record it on her client record for future reference.

Latest posts

Back