Weird waxing reaction - help?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Francesca0278

Reaction score
Hi

Hoping someone can shed some light on weird waxing reaction. Had new client in for an eyebrow wax today. Redhead with very fine eyebrow hair, should of been no problem at all!!! However, directly after waxing she developed two large white bumps which looked like mosquito bites - one under each eyebrow?! The whole area was red but she said it felt fine?! i didn't use anything new and washed and sanitised hands before treatment. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

I've seen one or two clients with sensitive skin develop tiny white pimples around the waxed area but this was like two big mosquito bites!! I have only just stopped shaking, thinking she was about to develop a very serious reaction :cry:

x

Don't worry!!! She's just sensitive. I bet she wasn't worried and knew that they would have gone down.

When you get a reaction like that, put some nappy cream on. xx

Yeah I've had it few times. I find that it happens when it's cold weather. If think about it, if client has sensitive skin, we know skin around eyes is thinner, it's freezing cold outside and client comes in to warm salon then you put warm wax on and rip out hairs kinda explains why you get reactions more in cold weather. Extreme temp in matter of mins then rip hairs out!

So don't worry it will settle, put cream on and explain to client. Xxx

It sounds like hives. If so, it probably subsided after an hour or two.

Latest posts

Back