Well water and extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hhew

Reaction score
Ok, where to start. I have had a client contact me to fit extensions. When I did the consultation I asked her if she realised her hi lighted hair had a very strong green tinge to it. She didn't. Her mum later asked if it would be because their water comes from a well. She's done all I've asked to try and get rid of the green but it's just not happening so after talking it through with my supplier we decided to give her the wefts to wash a few times in her water to see if we could get and green tinge to them ( not very precessional I know but we just need them to match her own hair) I'd really like to help the girl as she's had a lot of probs over the last year which has left her in a wheelchair and I know how much it would mean to her to have her hair nice. I don't want to have to change her colour completely and also I don't know what effect that would have on the long term colour of her hair. She's popping in today and I thought about asking for her colour techs number to ring her and talk it through with her also. Any ideas would be great fully received.

Hmmmm gosh that's a tricky one.
Hard water can give blonde hair a green tinge. Have you tried to give her a clarifying shampoo to use. Joico do one which is brilliant. It used to be called chelaiting shampoo but it's called something else now. But it's their kpak range so it's not to frying on the hair.

It must be the water that's doing it. Unless she swims a lot and the chlorine is tarnishing her colour.
Hope this helps. Xx

Clarifying shampoo.... But also there is a sachet called Malibu Hard Water. It's amazing! I actually give them to my blonde clients if they are going on holiday and they love that I've looked after them!! They work wonders and cost a few pounds xx

Clarifying shampoo.... But also there is a sachet called Malibu Hard Water. It's amazing! I actually give them to my blonde clients if they are going on holiday and they love that I've looked after them!! They work wonders and cost a few pounds xx
I highly recommend the Malibu Hard Water sachets also. My clients use them if there going away on holiday. They also do a swimmers one and miracle repair one x

Get her to start washing her hair with bottled water.

Get her into the salon to chelate with some Malibu C first.

Latest posts

Back