Wella 12.1 40 vol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennifer h/b

Reaction score
I used 12.0 and 12.1 equal parts with 40 vol on roots but went very golden. I put 12.1 with 20 vol to kill the golden and went lovely. Can you just put 12.1 with 40 straight on roots without putting base on???

Yes you can it's fine Xx

I've used 12.1 for years but got the last year or so it's been quite warm, I'm having to put a toner on! Anyway I've just use 12.11 and it is beautiful, might be worth trying it. There's no warmth at all. Xx

12/11 is very ashyx

Mine isn't very ashy!! Ill put a picture on later xx

Please do put piccy up x

12/81 works really well but it does sometimes leave a little bit of purple around the hairline.. After a few washes the purple fades... Or you can mix a little 12/0 with it. It come up a really nice white blonde.

X

Thank you honey! X I'm going to try 12.1 with 40 vol when my roots come through. If not ill try 12.11, if not again ill try what you have sudjested. Xx

Sorry my hair needs washing haha. This is in the natural light. Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366637097.791456.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366637097.791456.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 4,303
I used 12.0 and 12.1 equal parts with 40 vol on roots but went very golden. I put 12.1 with 20 vol to kill the golden and went lovely. Can you just put 12.1 with 40 straight on roots without putting base on???

What's your natural base?

I always put 12.1 on own and it seems to kick out all gold, only occasionally i tone it aswell or use a silver/purple shampoo xx

Thanks for loading pic! The colour is lovely!

My natural base is a 6 x

Thanks for loading pic! The colour is lovely!

My natural base is a 6 x

Do you leave it for full development time?
If its golden looking you need a purple tone to cancel it. I don't use wella so I'm not too sure on the tonal numbers. But check your colour chart

Sorry my hair needs washing haha. This is in the natural light. Xx

What's your natural base? It's came up really nice with 12.11

I've used 12.1 for years but got the last year or so it's been quite warm, I'm having to put a toner on! Anyway I've just use 12.11 and it is beautiful, might be worth trying it. There's no warmth at all. Xx

Sorry meant to ask, what make is that? Schwarzkopf?

Hi thanks I'm quite light 8 base. I leave it on for full development time. I'm really pleased with this colour. Xx

Base 8! Thats why it's gone lovely on you! Your quite light x

nice colour on you , makes me too ashy, im a base 5-6, im going to try 12/89 wella nxt. my friend using it and it really nicex

Load a pic when you try it! I would love to see x

I'm a base 6, and always have to use an ash too as I have brassy tones. I use Wella 12/0 with 12/11 & 12% on my roots (have been for a couple of years now). I'm happy with the condition it leaves my hair. Over the years I previously used Schwarzkopf Igora Royal, Clynol Viton S and Revlonissimo ranges. Wella 12/11 doesn't always completely counteract my brassiness. Results seem to vary, yet application time is always the full time. Just wondering if there are any other high lift tints out there that are better for lifting the orange tones.

Latest posts

Back